poulan/husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WOLF_RIVER_MIKE

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
There's an engineer out here that used to work for Poulan weedeater in Shreveport. He told me some of the Husky's were built by Poulan in Nashville Arkansas. Does anyone know anything about that?

Husqvarna has put out several orange Poulans, as well as the
miserable purple Hondo trimmer. Poulan Pros, which came
out as kind of the top of the line Poulan were a marriage
of Pioneer/Partner, a better saw and quite similar to some Huskies. They are all owned by the same parent company, so
a lot of the same ideas, like air injection, and so on, can be
found on Jonsered, Poulan, and Husqvarna, and many parts
can interchange on some models. Truth of the matter is,
Stihl and Electrolux both market a certain amount of crap,
that is why I usually keep out of the pissing contests, because
I repair them all, and currently sell none. I used to be a
Shindaiwa dealer, because I saw better quality, but it was a
hard sell. Expensive and no name recognition. Also, I found
I could buy whole units from a distributor/dealer in another
county, and he was sell them to everyone and anyone, so I
got away from the dealer racket.
So yes, it is true, this vicious rumor of orange Poulans.
Fish

The lowest price Huskies are assembled at the Poulan plant. The Husky 136 and 141 as well as the electric saw are Orange Poulans. This is done to keep the costs down. I believe anything from the 340 on up is Swedish made. They are decent saws for the money but dont think you can get a professional quality saw for $179 no matter what color it is.

Sorry mp, did not mean to disrespect. You and tundraotto both have gotten very good use out of your 136's. Although I am sure part of the reason you like the saw is the fact that if you happen to drop yours from 40 feet you can get a replacement for $179?;)

hey i never dropped my 136 and for 2.2hp it outcuts anything in its class - its a mf - ie - give me a stihl and ill start her up for the periodic lubrication. its the most badass little saw that you have ever seen and nope- its not a poulan (like someone said - poul on it and poul on it... etc) it has nikasil , vertical cylinder, husky air injection, is swept charged (ie factory tuned so to speak)) its a whole different ballgame.....and with a 91 vs chain its known to cause even kickbacks!!! i will level you - :D its a kick butt saw that is doing the work of a "greffardized" 372 right now and its still going when i want a beer - every time.

Otto...lmao...???? man..you are wound... I think JPS said it after someone else..a famous man....that JPS..bet ya that saw works alot..if its working when you are gettin beer....

"I love the smell of a chainsaw in the morning!"...

Latest posts

Back