Poulan Micro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you dont mind Orange that saw is the same as the Husqvarna 23 Compact. As long as your saw is the newest style XXV then they are the same

Those are great little saws, for a Poulan. I have the Craftsman version and I like it better than my 011.

That was the second saw I ever owned. First was an old Echo I bought from one of my lawn customers for $40. Then I started climbing with the Super25DA.

It was hard to get the carbs adjusted right on those old things. You had to remove the top cover and air filter to adjust them, and replacing the filter and cover would change the fuel/air ratio.

I've got a very tired one in the shed that I can scavenge the parts off of. It ought to be tired-it was my primary climbing saw for 7 years! Still ran when I put it away despite hardly any compression.

Dennis,
I'll check also, tomorrow though, no power out there and way too much stuff to go through with a flashlight
Bill

Dennis we have them in stock.

For the edification of Huskyman, the 23 was sold in the U.S. but not in Canada to any extent. The 35 was made in Canada and was a much better machine.

I should also say that I tried finding that 23 on my cd and didnt have any luck...how old is the 23? same as the 35? I have a little 35 here that my dad uses now and then....good little saw..(for a little saw) ;)

Tonight I traded my last Poulan 25 to a buddy. I ran those things for years. I'm going to go to the shop and put together a parts box for Matt in case he needs to repair the saw in the future. I've got a 25 year accumulation of boneyard 25s. Is anyone interested in buying/trading the whole lot? Is there any salvage value in the magnesium?

Tom

Dennis, I should have both, used of course, off the Super 25DA.

air filter is just a rectangular block of foam...on mine.

i still have one that is running, but i have no need for it.

Originally posted by Dennis
I should also say that I tried finding that 23 on my cd and didnt have any luck...how old is the 23? same as the 35? I have a little 35 here that my dad uses now and then....good little saw..(for a little saw) ;)

Dennis my father in law bought one from a dealer here a couple years ago, my guess is Husky stopped selling them between 5-7 years ago.

Poulan model 25 and Micro XXV are totally different saws with no parts interchangeability.
The 25 was a robust saw with chrome plated cylinder and a lot of the XXV versions were built with aluminum cylinder.

Latest posts

Back