Poulan owns Husqvarna??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KTM640

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey all, just stopped by my local Stihl dealer to pick up some parts and noticed they now sell Husqvarna.

I asked the owner about it and she replied, "you can call it that". I asked what do you mean. She said that Poulan bought out Husqvarna. I said really.

Anybody else hear anything about it??

It's actually the other way around, and Husqvarna owns lots of different outdoor power equipment companys.

Hey all, just stopped by my local Stihl dealer to pick up some parts and noticed they now sell Husqvarna.

I asked the owner about it and she replied, "you can call it that". I asked what do you mean. She said that Poulan bought out Husqvarna. I said really.

Anybody else hear anything about it??

IMHO, Stihl has nothing to snub their nose at any company. They (Stihl) build saws everday with the same construction design and methods as everyone else (husky, echo). EVERY company that builds saws today builds a low cost "homeowner" grade saw. The only thing is Husqvarna chose to eliminate the "pro" grade Poulans to lessen the compitition to their "legecy" line of saws. The same Husqvarna also now owns McCulluch too and yes they ain't much either.

You can buy the same saw in either Husqvarna, Poulan, or Jonsered. Obviously not all models are the same but they do make a few saws that the only change is the color of the plastic.

Yup Husqvarna owns in some way shape or form, Poulan, Weedeater, Jonserad, Partner, Zenoha (Red Max) Flymo and probably a couple of dozen other companies I can think of now. Did you know that Stihl owns a company called Viking?? Irony or poetic justice. I will let the global consumer decide.

I dont think husky owns all these companys, electrolux owns husky , and also owns the other saw companys.

Nope, The OPE division was spun off from electrolux with Husqvarna as the controlling company. Husqvarna owns Jonsered, Poulan, Weedeater, Partner, McCulloch, Redmax, Yazoo-Kees, Bluebird, Flymo, Klippo, and a bunch of construction products companies such as Target, Dimas, Diamant-Boart, Soft-cut and some others I'm forgetting.

Back before i bought my 372, i had been considering a Dolmar 7900. I drove 40 miles to a Dolmar dealer to check them out. While i was browsing, the owner of the shop started bad-mouthing Husqvarna saws. He told me even the XPs were really just cheap Poulan saws. Out i went, and the following day i went and bought a Husqvarna 372.

Either one of two things going on when a dealer resorts to brand-bashing.

1) They can't sell the brand they deal on it's own merits.

2) They are too stoopid to know what the #### they are talking about.

No matter if its one or two...... i don't spend my money there.

Last edited:
Nope, The OPE division was spun off from electrolux with Husqvarna as the controlling company. Husqvarna owns Jonsered, Poulan, Weedeater, Partner, McCulloch, Redmax, Yazoo-Kees, Bluebird, Flymo, Klippo, and a bunch of construction products companies such as Target, Dimas, Diamant-Boart, Soft-cut and some others I'm forgetting.

Hate to tell you but you might wanna get your facts straight before you jump.
Go to do some research, like go to electrolux s company website youll find it states eloctrolux owns jonsered, husqvarna, etc also if you search the parent company of jonsered it says electrolux. Husqvarna is not the big guy ,electrolux is. And by the way your list of companys is way short of what electrolux actually owns!

Does it really matter?

Seriously once in my youth I read a article by a guy named, "Smokey Yunick."
He built all sorts of engines, But One Quote he made still stands out in my mind, "Do you really think a motor knows what brand it is?" He seemed to believe that it was more about personal preference and the talent of the the builders.
I think the same thing applies to saws, I own stihl, Husqvarna, McChulloch, and poulan Chainsaws. They all have different personalities(for lack of a better word) and I have found good and bad in them all. My 051 is a torque monster I love the clutch in it, but a three piece fuel line, and ultra fine wire coming out of the coil for contacts is asking for problems in a saw this size. The same for my husky 2100cd great power, never had a problem getting it to run, but the oil pump is junk, and they coud have come up with a better throttle linkage. Fact is guys we are seeing some of the best made chainsaws in the history of chainsaws coming out these days. What does the name really mean if you can depend on your saw and get parts for it what's the problem?

Go to do some research, like go to electrolux s company website youll find it states eloctrolux owns jonsered, husqvarna, etc also if you search the parent company of jonsered it says electrolux. Husqvarna is not the big guy ,electrolux is. And by the way your list of companys is way short of what electrolux actually owns!

Electrolux decided to consolidate it's outdoor products under Husqvarna and then decided to spin off Husqvarna and it is now Husqvarna AB as of 2006 http://corporate.husqvarna.com/inde..._releases&t=detail&afw_id=1041068&afw_lang=en

Uhhhhhhhhhhh he has his facts right. Elux spun off Husky in 2006. Here's da proof. Husqvarna is now Husqvarna.

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/sy...sults.asp?symb=husqvarna&country=all&type=all

Uhhhhhhhhhhh he has his facts right. Elux spun off Husky in 2006. Here's da proof. Husqvarna is now Husqvarna.

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/sy...sults.asp?symb=husqvarna&country=all&type=all
UHH If you go look on electrolux it says they own jonsered as today! You guys didnt do much research, did you! First of all I said jonsered and husky and alot of other companys are owned by electrolux! They are and all you mumbo jumbo about spin off means nothing. I happen to have a husqvarna sales book 2007 that says in big letter electrolux inside ! Also the point I was making was husky does not own jonsered, if you would like to inform electrolux that they need to change their company website that list the companys they own , because they dont own jonsered . I would be interested in hearing their reply! LMAO

Last edited:
Back