Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Poulan Pro 205 help

Discussion in 'Arborist 101' started by hunley93, Jul 4, 2018.

1. hunley93

hunley93 New Member

My grandpa had a Poulan Pro 205 that sat in his garage for years unused due to a broken starter pulley that he never replaced. He gave it to me and I replaced the pulley and had it running. Decided to take it all apart and give it a good cleaning. I opted to use Fuel resistant permatex in place of the cylinder gasket, metering body gasket, and carburetor gasket. Now I cant get it to start. Pulled the spark plug and while leaving it out but connected to the boot cranked it a few times and got a spark consistently. Noticed the carburetor isnt drawing up any fuel. I'm definitely a novice with small engines and not 100 percent sure how to do a rebuild and I'm on a budget. Is that the way I should go? I've had difficulty finding parts online and what I could find is old stock. I'm wondering why it was working before I took it all apart and now the carb isnt working. Any advice would be really appreciated