Poulan Pro 205 help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunley93

Reaction score
My grandpa had a Poulan Pro 205 that sat in his garage for years unused due to a broken starter pulley that he never replaced. He gave it to me and I replaced the pulley and had it running. Decided to take it all apart and give it a good cleaning. I opted to use Fuel resistant permatex in place of the cylinder gasket, metering body gasket, and carburetor gasket. Now I cant get it to start. Pulled the spark plug and while leaving it out but connected to the boot cranked it a few times and got a spark consistently. Noticed the carburetor isnt drawing up any fuel. I'm definitely a novice with small engines and not 100 percent sure how to do a rebuild and I'm on a budget. Is that the way I should go? I've had difficulty finding parts online and what I could find is old stock. I'm wondering why it was working before I took it all apart and now the carb isnt working. Any advice would be really appreciated

Back