• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Poulan Pro 225 top handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that is terrible I was thinking as I made the deal that this person had a very low post count and I should ask around. I just wanted the saw and I really have a hard time thinking that people would be anything but honest on this site that just does not compute for me I guess. I am still hopeful that the saw is on it's way just lost in the snail mail. But never hearing from the seller makes me wonder too.

I was optimistic for you in the beginning but I have to admit now it is looking worse. I have had some deals go sour in the past and I have phoned the sellers relatives or neighbors. That was when the majority still had line lines. Today with everyone using cell phones it is tough

Thank you Bulletpruf,
Yes I know,.. I really don't want to call but I know that I should. I googled this cat quite a while back myself. He has my home phone, my address and my cell as well as my e-mail address still no contact though.

Well I called about an hour ago and you can probably guess what happened, the home phone I had was" no longer in service". The cell number after it rang 6-7 times went to voice mail and I left a message. A polite one bty.
From there I called my credit union to see if the check had been cashed. It was cashed on the 15th and I will stop by tomorrow to get a copy of it. Then I called the post office to see if this was considered mail fraud the man said yes and gave me the inspector generals office phone number. He told me that it would help if I had a copy of the correspondence concerning the sale of the saw.
I do have the P.M.'s between he and I but I don't know how to print them off. I will have to wait till I get to work next Monday to try to print them. I wonder if I highlight them and choose print if that will work ? If you have any (easy to follow ) suggestions on how to print the P.M.'s let me know. I know there is a way to make a screen shot and print that but I cannot remember how. Like I said it will be next week before I will be next week before I try.
This may sound like a lot of (who ha) to through over $65 bucks but to me $65.00 is a lot of money.

Well I just had an interesting conversation. I called one more time and this time I got an answer. The gentleman told me that mr X no longer lived there ( I called a cell phone not a home phone sooo??) but he did know how to reach him and within an hour the seller would definitely call me back. Thought it was interesting that the man no longer lived there but he could be so easily reached?

Well I just had an interesting conversation. I called one more time and this time I got an answer. The gentleman told me that mr X no longer lived there ( I called a cell phone not a home phone sooo??) but he did know how to reach him and within an hour the seller would definitely call me back. Thought it was interesting that the man no longer lived there but he could be so easily reached?

Not sounding to good at all.....

I called the seller I got about 10 rings then a click then voice mail. I left him a message explaining that if $65 bucks was worth a felony keep it up.
That participating in a mail fraud scheme interstate was a federal offence and I was going that direction on Monday.

I just got a phone call the seller (he called back very soon after I hung up) told me he shipped the saw to me on either the 15th 1th6 or 17th??? from a UPS drop shipping/ copying place in Emmitsburgh MD. He told me they gave him a tracking number that being "1z29x9w5920026217" . He told me he had it insured and if it got lost he would try to collect the insurance... Then he would send me the money.
He said the service could not verify my address and did he still want to send it to me at the un-verifiable address he said he told them yes??. I had him read me the address he gave to them it was the correct address sooo? He then told me they asked if he wanted the delivery to me to continue even if I was not at home at the delivery time he said he told them yes as he knew I worked.
I ran the tracking number at UPS and of course it came back as invalid. I also ran it at USPS and the same result.
I called him right back and told him the tracking number was invalid.... he said hua........ "that is the number they gave me in the confirmation e-mail". He said tomorrow he would go to the ups drop ship/ copying store and see what they had to say for themselves. I told him to find out what he could and call me tomorrow before 7 pm. I also told him I was still perusing the fraud charge if things did not change and fast. So to be continued....

he said hua........ "that is the number they gave me in the confirmation e-mail".
You say...."forward this email to me"
Bet you hear..."Uh Uh, my twisted pairs Cat 5 cable just untwisted!" "Uh, Uh, my wireless router just got clogged full with packets!"

that starts as a ups tracking number but should not contain an x or w only the z.
edit-seems ups has started to use numerals in tracking numbers..... hmm

Wow thats some Bs! sorry to hear this i wanted the saw pretty bad myself i woulda done paypal and not the gift one......but dam man!every deal i have done hear has been pretty good one time the saw had a scored piston and the guy refunded my money when i told him .... makes you like Ebay for buying saws.....I only sell in person any more..........i looked at how many posts he had and did not like it but at that price woulda bought and paid whatever percent to cover paypals fees.....I really hope you get some satisfaction from this.....

that starts as a ups tracking number but should not contain an x or w only the z.
edit-seems ups has started to use numerals in tracking numbers..... hmm

I have never seen a UPS tracking number that did not use numerals along with letters. I have no idea what you are talking about???????? What you are saying is that they should be all letters which is incorrect.

According to the ups site if you type that number in it will tell you sorry that number is invalid. Then it will give you an example of what the number should look like. Their example looks like this ( 1Z999999999999999) I forgot how many digits but only 1 letter and it was the Z and in the beginning. I have all kind of thoughts most of them not good . The guy on the phone was young I would say 18-22 maybe and was very unsure of everything he said , lots of uh's and um's. Going away for most of the day I will maybe try the ups store visit though.

I have never seen a UPS tracking number that did not use numerals along with letters. I have no idea what you are talking about???????? What you are saying is that they should be all letters which is incorrect.
Hadn't paid attention to the tracking numbers in several years Bill.last I remember there were no alphabetic characters in the tracking number other than the z.

According to the ups site if you type that number in it will tell you sorry that number is invalid. Then it will give you an example of what the number should look like. Their example looks like this ( 1Z999999999999999) I forgot how many digits but only 1 letter and it was the Z and in the beginning. I have all kind of thoughts most of them not good . The guy on the phone was young I would say 18-22 maybe and was very unsure of everything he said , lots of uh's and um's. Going away for most of the day I will maybe try the ups store visit though.

As I said earlier if you call 1-800-pick ups and give them the zip codes they can check and see if there is something coming. Another option is calling the UPS shipping locations in the hometown of the sellers area. If he printed his own label they will not be able to tell you anything. If he did not print a label then the shipping location will be able to tell you if the seller shipped from them

1. I have no idea what this post has a (1) in front but I cannot get rid of it.
  2. Ok I have some information I went to the UPS Shipping facility in Waterville Maine this afternoon. I got hooked up with a young lady who told me " this is your lucky day" " I am O.C.D. when it comes to missing packages and if it is out there I will find it" She tried the tracking number I had and told me that it was missing 2 numbers. She also told me that tracking numbers can indeed have more than one letter in them. She could not do anything without the real tracking number. I gave her the town he said he sent it from but she had no luck finding a shipping facility there. So as a last resort I called the guy actually she tried first and got no answer. I told her let me try as my caller id would not say UPS.
  3. I tried him and miraculously he answered on the 3rd ring. I told him where I was and that the investigator at ups was trying to find the package and was getting nowhere fast. I told him to speak with her and gave her the phone. She asked him for the number and I could see she had some issues with his answer. She told him to please fwd the e-mail confirmation to her at ups and she would look at it. I figured he will never agree to do that but he did. It took 20 mins or so but finally the e-mail came in. She looked at it then looked at me then started laughing and said I have to print this so you can see it.
  4. Yesterday early evening he was telling me on the phone that he had no idea why ups had lost the package. Had no idea where it was. That he was going into the ups store where he shipped it and read them the riot act yada yada.
  5. The whole time he was telling me he sent the saw on the 15th that he had a tracking number he was lying. The saw was on the floor in front of him he never sent the saw until 8 pm last night. Right now it is in Edison NJ at 10:02 am today.
  6. He had never even sent the saw he was just as I figured ( scamming me , dam dead beat. This is the tracking number 1Z29X9W5P200026217. He did actually did have a tracking number as he printed a label at 1 pm yesterday so he had that but had " misread" the number left out a zero and changed a P to a 9.
  7. So some place in NJ I have a box with the right address but wrong name on it jeff lang instead of jeff lary. I hope it will still get here but I would assume he beat the saw with a hammer before packaging but I hope I am wrong. I would say after speaking to his uncle last night the boy has a history of legal issues. When I told him he was looking at a Felony mail fraud charge that may have lit a fire under his ass. Thanks for all the support I just hope it is ok when it arrives. Jeff .
  8. Ps I have no idea why the numbers appear at the beginning of the sentences but if you know how to make them go away feel free.

Back