• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Poulan Pro 225 top handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill G ,Thanks for the ray of hope.
Yea the seller was adamant that he printed his own label. I was thinking last night that maybe 7# would be a dry weight saw and 9# would reflect a gassed and oiled saw?
I got the impression that the gentleman had been in some legal issues before this episode. The feeling I got was ," Oh man is this guy (me) going to pursue a mail fraud charge against me?" Because I told him I was definitely heading that direction on Monday coming.
The uncle after explaining what happened said, "Really !... I will have him call you within the next hour, don't do anything for an hour give me a chance to contact him" I think in order to keep the law at bay he may possibly actually do the right thing and ship the saw in-damaged..At least I hope so.

Hey i kinda have been silently watching whats goin on here. If you do end up getting a trashed saw or trimmed in any way i have a pretty clean poulan pro 180 that will run on a prime but needs a fuel line and filter. If your interested you can contact me

Cody

That is something I will remember. Trimmed is an expression I have not heard in a long time. My Grandfather and Mother both used to say, Boy the Red Sox got trimmed good this afternoon! They both were avid sox fans. I cannot find any information on a 225 is it 38cc? or less? And what year do you suppose it was made? Seems like I did see something somewhere about 1995.

I imagine its 38ccs. My 180 is 1.8 cubes or 30ccs i believe, but dont kid yourself, ive run an 180 against my 017 stihl. The 180 will put the hurt on the 017.

love it when a buddy finds a saw at a yard sale for 5 bux... brings it by for free i said no man here is five and a 20... it was dark but even in the dark i was happy....did not have time to check it out i was putting mulch in my yard.... any ways here is what you like to see when you get an old saw....Been on the look for a grey and black one of these saws.... so far looks like fuel lines rebuild typical stuff and the rubber mounts feel a lil weak... but im pretty stoked.....here is the pics...16864273_10209417035966322_5732972564484464522_n.jpg 16864273_10209417035966322_5732972564484464522_n.jpg 16939579_10209417036006323_5928368746551836926_n.jpg

Attachments

• 16999095_10209417035926321_945722522589819032_n.jpg
    16999095_10209417035926321_945722522589819032_n.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 4
love it when a buddy finds a saw at a yard sale for 5 bux... brings it by for free i said no man here is five and a 20... it was dark but even in the dark i was happy....did not have time to check it out i was putting mulch in my yard.... any ways here is what you like to see when you get an old saw....Been on the look for a grey and black one of these saws.... so far looks like fuel lines rebuild typical stuff and the rubber mounts feel a lil weak... but im pretty stoked.....here is the pics...View attachment 560779 View attachment 560779 View attachment 560781
Looks like it was used once

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I wonder if my maybe soon to .be 225 is antivibe? I hope so.
pretty sure it has a isolator on the handle bar and not the rear handle....if you look on the clutch side pic you can see it....think its called Av not cva

Nice little Poulan Pro 225 top handle. Starts, runs and everything works as it should. Sharp non-safety chain on it. Good saw to keep at a hunting camp or on a atv for clearing a downed tree.

$65 shipped to your door

see the mount on the handle bar on the clutch side..... if in good shape you some times see a lil rubber piece on the bottom of the handle bar....nothing on the rear handle.... man thats a clean yellow PP....

I will say this to you all. I do appreciate all the support, I would never have guessed so many people wishing for a good outcome. Lots of good advice as well thanks.
I know the saw looks sweet but now realizing what I was dealing with I had been wondering if maybe he took the photo from some post on the web someplace ? I went on to google, amazon, and e-bay as well as Craig's list looking for that photo but I never saw it anywhere else so that is a good thing I guess.

I will say this to you all. I do appreciate all the support, I would never have guessed so many people wishing for a good outcome. Lots of good advice as well thanks.
I know the saw looks sweet but now realizing what I was dealing with I had been wondering if maybe he took the photo from some post on the web someplace ? I went on to google, amazon, and e-bay as well as Craig's list looking for that photo but I never saw it anywhere else so that is a good thing I guess.

I looked also for pics of it....did not find.... also as a side note my saw i purchased from ebay thats about the same saw maybe a pound more or so the weight shows 17 lbs boxed and packed..... but like Bill G said some sellers are not honest on their labels....Still hope you get that great looking saw in the pics.... Would put a happy ending to your first saw buy on here....

Can't you do a Google search for that specific photo instead of checking all of the sites where it could have been? I'm pretty sure that you can, but I don't know how.

Can't you do a Google search for that specific photo instead of checking all of the sites where it could have been? I'm pretty sure that you can, but I don't know how.

If you just right click on the image it will allow you to search for it. I found nothing. I do see the seller was on the site yesterday

Without further adue, She arrived at about 2:30pm today. I looked it over closely and it appears to have had very little use not a scratch anywhere that I saw. Maybe a cord or 2 ? who knows. I usually mix my saw gas 50:1 but I made up some fresh gas at about 7/8 of a gallon to the same amount of oil so it is between 40 and 50 to 1 I did not know the gasoline to oil measurement for 40:1. She had to be choked and pulled about 7 times then it popped. I shut off the choke and she sat right in my hands idling very rich though . I found the carb and leaned it out a touch and it seems ok now. I will have to run it a bit to be sure but that will have to wait till the weekend. The chain looks new except maybe a little dull I would guess that whoever owned it got the chain dull and instead of sharpening the chain they lowered the rackers. All of them have a filed flat top about 2mm long. I guess either the chain was made like that or someone said " dude file them things down and she will cut like hell" I opt for the second scenario. Here are some pictures for your Poulan Pro **** fix. It is actually quite dirty if you spent a 1/2 hour with some simple green I could sell it as a one tank of fuel saw I bet it looks that good. I am very happy] DSCF0405.JPG DSCF0407.JPG DSCF0408.JPG DSCF0409.JPG DSCF0410.JPG

Latest posts

Back