• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Poulan Pro 225 top handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EDIT, I found the messages I was looking for sorry.

I cannot find what I am looking for,
One or two of you told me you may have a case that this saw would fit in. I had mentioned I wanted to buy a case but did not because I did not have the saw.
Well now I have it and I would like to buy a case if anyone reading this was one of the guys that said they had one please let me know.

make sure to pull the muffler apart check piston and screen if all good and screen is the the carb adjust is around 1 out from light seat ... before you do that walk them in and check where he has them.....i like to run 40/1 in mine. i would check these things before i ran her ... first thing i do is a piston check.....from the looks besides the run around you have a great looking saw... Enjoy her....you wanna see your piston look like the one i posted.....i see new fuel line so i bet she is good.... you also wanna put a fuel barb in the line between the handle and the case....you will thank me one day for that tid bit....

Without further adue, She arrived at about 2:30pm today. I looked it over closely and it appears to have had very little use not a scratch anywhere that I saw. Maybe a cord or 2 ? who knows. I usually mix my saw gas 50:1 but I made up some fresh gas at about 7/8 of a gallon to the same amount of oil so it is between 40 and 50 to 1 I did not know the gasoline to oil measurement for 40:1. She had to be choked and pulled about 7 times then it popped. I shut off the choke and she sat right in my hands idling very rich though . I found the carb and leaned it out a touch and it seems ok now. I will have to run it a bit to be sure but that will have to wait till the weekend. The chain looks new except maybe a little dull I would guess that whoever owned it got the chain dull and instead of sharpening the chain they lowered the rackers. All of them have a filed flat top about 2mm long. I guess either the chain was made like that or someone said " dude file them things down and she will cut like hell" I opt for the second scenario. Here are some pictures for your Poulan Pro **** fix. It is actually quite dirty if you spent a 1/2 hour with some simple green I could sell it as a one tank of fuel saw I bet it looks that good. I am very happy] View attachment 561103 View attachment 561105 View attachment 561106 View attachment 561108 View attachment 561109

Oil ratios are straight forward. Simply divide your ratio into 128. For example 40 /1 is 128 /40 = 3.2 oz. of oil.

Glad you got the saw Jeff! I just clicked on this thread for the first time tonight. Otherwise, I would have certainly jumped in the car to help out if I could have. I have purchased from Jeff in the past and everything was exactly as described. Communication was excellent as well. You can take his word on how things went with this deal to the bank. Just happy it worked out okay for both sides.

Cheers,
Scott

Now my question is what was the tracking number or when was it actually sent. We own rental properties among a couple states and now require direct transfers to alleviate the "I mailed it"

Glad you got the saw Jeff! I just clicked on this thread for the first time tonight. Otherwise, I would have certainly jumped in the car to help out if I could have. I have purchased from Jeff in the past and everything was exactly as described. Communication was excellent as well. You can take his word on how things went with this deal to the bank. Just happy it worked out okay for both sides.

Cheers,
Scott
Thank you for saying that Scott, I don't think it matters if you buy or sell a $10.00 saw or a $1,000.00 saw you need to communicate with each other till you both are sure each other are happy with the outcome. Now just to show my ignorance a little more what saw did you buy from me? Mini Mac, or Homelite or the big Remington?

Back