Poulan pro 405 and stihl 044?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stilh036prohog

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Was on a road trip for work today and always in search mode for saws. Found a small engine shop close to where were, small town . Pop in ask about parts saws and stuff. He took me to the back room. He said look around. Lots of little saws but I found a poulan pro 405 and then he show me a Stihl 044. We talked some. The 044 started on the third pull. Had good compression and a new Stihl bar on it. Dirty but complete. They replaced the fuel line and rebuilt the carb and the customer didn't return to get it. How much he said 225. I ask about pho only he said no. I just sign papers to buy the place I have been renting and it's due. Had to pass on it. I did get the 405 for 50 bucks. It runs but doesn't oil. Questions. I know the stihl is worth that .The 405 is nice and wears a like new woodland bar and chain on it. I think it's base on the old pioneers. Any thoughts? What is the little black button right below the on/switch. Decomp. I just got home and haven't checked it yet. Sorry for the long post. I'm excited because on the way home talking to my boss he said if really want he will loan me the cash hell he wanted to buy for me. He knows I have Cad. I didn't want to borrow many to get a saw. I'm in commercial landscape so it's been a little slow this time of year but about to get swamped. I might take him up on his offer. Talk me into guys.20200225_143052.jpg 20200225_143029.jpg 20200225_143021.jpg

Might have it this weekend. They said all it's Oem. Only a new fuel line and cleaned the carb plus the new bar. Sorry no pictures ..i was in a hurry. Maybe.

Latest posts

Back