Poulan pro pre mix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husqORbust

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
:dumb2:

https://www.peaveymart.com/Poulan-Pro-Premix-Fuel-P33526.aspx

Was walking through peavey mart and saw this on the end shelf screaming buy me. Thats $5 Canadian...so like $3.25 US dollars. Half price of motomix or tru fuel etc. Well I didnt buy it...but its dang cheap for a pre mix.

Its ethanol free 92 octane mixed with poulan pro oil.

Thought it was interesting that theres no mention of shelf life open or closed on the can.

This stuff new on the scene? Kinda digging the price point... kinda put off that they didnt label the can with a shelf life tho. Would entirely defeat the purpose of a premix if it wasnt rated with a long shelf life.

Poulan just pullin a fast one here and taking 92 straight outta the pump and putting it in a fancy can instead of a fully synthetic fuel like motomix, etc?

I like all the brands, I just don’t understand the dual mixtures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might be half the price of motomix but still a crap deal IMO. Assuming that’s a quart which is what it looks like that’s still $13 a gallon.

Do you not have non ethanol at a station if that’s what your looking for?

If it’s synthetic then it should be good for any mix ratio according to what I’ve seen on the synthetic bottles.

Not understanding the 40:1/ 50:1 mix label on the can. How can it be both ratios? It's either 3.2 ounces or 2.6 ounces per gallon of fuel. It cant be both.
It's not both.

They're saying that you can use it in saws that require either.

It's like the antifreeze that says it can be mixed with any color.

So it's probably a 40:1 mix, and they just say 50:1 because it's probably not going to hurt a 50:1 saw to run it at 40:1.

It might be half the price of motomix but still a crap deal IMO. Assuming that’s a quart which is what it looks like that’s still $13 a gallon.

Do you not have non ethanol at a station if that’s what your looking for?

I do have non ethanol available to me at 1.45 a liter. That's what I run. But I use very little fuel so it wouldnt break the bank running $5 a liter... although having said that Im cheap enough with certain things I'd likely still rather save 3.50 a liter than spend it :laugh:At the end of the day $5 a liter is still a lot of $ for fuel compared to the pump. Just thought it was interesting there was a $5/liter option compared to $10/liter

I do have non ethanol available to me at 1.45 a liter. That's what I run. But I use very little fuel so it wouldnt break the bank running $5 a liter... although having said that Im cheap enough with certain things I'd likely still rather save 3.50 a liter than spend it :laugh:At the end of the day $5 a liter is still a lot of $ for fuel compared to the pump. Just thought it was interesting there was a $5/liter option compared to $10/liter

"What's a liter?" asked the American while defying the measurement system most of the rest of the world uses.

Can't wrap my backward little brain around degrees Celsius either. Makes my head hurt.

"What's a liter?" asked the American while defying the measurement system most of the rest of the world uses.

Can't wrap my backward little brain around degrees Celsius either. Makes my head hurt.

I use online converters all the time :) gotta have a translator to convert to freedom units [emoji23]

I use online converters all the time :) gotta have a translator to convert to freedom units [emoji23]
I once heard someone say to take degrees Celsius and "double it and add thirty" to get degrees Fahrenheit. Not precise, but it gets you close when talking about normal climate temps.

That's as far as I go with this stuff.

A liter is a smidgen more than a quart :p it's roughly 1/20th more than a quart. Or .265 gallons.

That is confusing. I prefer inches over centimeters though. And miles per gallon more than liters per km.

And liters/ml for mixing fuel rather than ounces/quarts/gallons.

Both metric and imperial have their places in my opinion. Mostly just depends what youre used to working with I guess and what is best envisioned.

Back