Poulan s6000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer 87

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
As a poulan collector there's only one other saw I really really really want... an s6000 I know it's made by dolmar but I don't care. Anybody have one, run one, I want to know more about them and how much should I expect to pay for one if I do stumble across one.

Fellow south of Kansas City has one. Last I talked to him it was $800.

It came out of a barn he cleaned out. Purchased to cut up one tree. Had sat since then.
990c83b31756a5ed42a4533aa2c85a69.jpg

d8ac7e8f210bece1d9bc186f6bd3a568.jpg

2a5e5655fcaf5f61d21df963e526196c.jpg

I've got a nice Poulan 5500 I need to sell, I didn't cut with mine, the chain tensioner was gone and then I fixed it and then let it sit and I haven't ran it since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to Mike Acres site it is based on a dolmar 144.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The S6000 that I had was slow with a good amount of torque and heavy. Out of the poulans I've had it would be towards the bottom of the wish I would've kept it list IMO.

If the ignition fails point wise is the coil on the outside so that it can be converted with the electronic bugs?

I want one bc it was one of the biggest poulans even if it isn't there's underneath.

That's why I got one was just for another cool factor for my collection. Was highly disappointed once I put it to the wood.

I would imagine it to be similar in power rpm and weight as dad's homelite 1050 super. Slow cutting but impossible to stop

As a poulan collector there's only one other saw I really really really want... an s6000 I know it's made by dolmar but I don't care. Anybody have one, run one, I want to know more about them and how much should I expect to pay for one if I do stumble across one.
I have one of these saws! She is very strong. Not quite the power of the Sachs 166 that I bought factory new, but a real good runner. I'll try and load some pics.

Would the s6000 pull a 48-50" bar may even with a skip tooth?

The problem with them and bars like that is with the 6000 and S6000 stock, your stuck with a .404 X 8 spur sprocket because of the extreme crank diameter. There were other sprocket drums in 3/8 X 8 but they are getting hard to find.

I know a little about these, I have a 6000 plus a S6000 and had the S6000 down to bare cases to replace a crank. They are not my favorites and I'll just try to leave it at that.

100_3033 (Custom).JPG

Back