Poulan s6000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It certainly fits on my Dolmar 152 - its been on the saw since it arrived and I've done a fair bit of cutting with it.

I don't have the other models to check them but I'd put my money on it fitting the saws the bloke has handwritten on the box he appeared to be an old school saw mechanic who knew his stuff and was shifting a lot of old NLA stock

If it fit your 152, there is no doubt it will fit the others listed as they all use the same drum. I found a picture of one and as soon as I seen how thin the ID was in relation to the rim sprocket I thought it would be correct. That is the first time anyone has brought up the existence of a rim drive to fit them. I knew it would have to be super thin in that area for it to work with that big 21mm bearing.

Problem with this is finding that sprocket now days. Like finding a needle in a haystack.

There is one used on listed on UK ebay, someone better grab it if interested. It should be able to be used with a .404 x 7 or 3/8's rims.

If it fit your 152, there is no doubt it will fit the others listed as they all use the same drum. I found a picture of one and as soon as I seen how thin the ID was in relation to the rim sprocket I thought it would be correct. That is the first time anyone has brought up the existence of a rim drive to fit them. I knew it would have to be super thin in that area for it to work with that big 21mm bearing.

Problem with this is finding that sprocket now days. Like finding a needle in a haystack.

There is one used on listed on UK ebay, someone better grab it if interested. It should be able to be used with a .404 x 7 or 3/8's rims.

I think I was incredibly lucky to come across my one... he just happened to list it at the very time I was searching for a sprocket (any sprocket - my original was scrap). I bought a second rim to fit a few weeks later which should last me. An oregon part may not be first choice for these old saws but it is at least an option and the part number may just help others in their search.

The crank is 14mm on the pto end. The bearing spacer needs to be 14mm I.D. and 15mm O.D. No one makes such a thing as far as I can find so it must have been proprietary. I believe the inside of the drum is 18mm but have to recheck. I have a sleeve that goes on the crank but then is to large O. D. to fit the bearing that fits in the drum. The drum is the same as a 166 that I had prior to this except the one that came on the 6000 is a rim.

The crank is 14mm on the pto end. The bearing spacer needs to be 14mm I.D. and 15mm O.D. No one makes such a thing as far as I can find so it must have been proprietary. I believe the inside of the drum is 18mm but have to recheck. I have a sleeve that goes on the crank but then is to large O. D. to fit the bearing that fits in the drum. The drum is the same as a 166 that I had prior to this except the one that came on the 6000 is a rim.

The bearing you just ordered should be 21mm od and will not fit the 153/166 drum. If your trying to fit that drum to a 6000 that is the reason your having problems finding the proper spacer. It wasn't made. Dolmar it seems never made a rim drive to fit the 6000, 152,144. The Oregon posted today was the first we have seen to fit one. The ID is super thin on it to fit the 21mm OD bearing.

The 166 drum is the one I was speaking of to use if fabricating a Oilite bushing to use on it and it will still be a thin bushing when done.

I not to long ago had to do just this to fit a new sprocket to a old Sears saw.

If you end up not needing that bearing I would probably take it.

I have a couple sprockets out there for these, I will have to look at what is there. I might have a 21mm ID drum if needed.

I think I was incredibly lucky to come across my one... he just happened to list it at the very time I was searching for a sprocket (any sprocket - my original was scrap). I bought a second rim to fit a few weeks later which should last me. An oregon part may not be first choice for these old saws but it is at least an option and the part number may just help others in their search.

In my opinion, nothing wrong with the Oregon sprocket, just as good as OEM probably and that particular one would be my first choice so I could get away from having to use that 8 tooth .404 sprocket. Like I said the problem now days are ever coming across one.

Here are 4 spurs. The far left is 3/8x8 with a 21mm bore next to the right is .404x7 18mm bore. Next is 3/8x8, 18mm bore and the last one on the right is .404x8 21mm bore. The 21mm bore fit 144,152 and 6000 while the 18mm bore fits 153,166 saws20171230_121311.jpg

The bearings and spacer combos would work with a 21mm I.D. drum but not the 18mm. After being ported on by a local member the saw was returned to me missing the parts. It's a long and nasty story and I would like to know just what was lost. I had replaced the seals when I brought it to the guy and had the clutch, bearing, sleeve, and all on it and back together but never thought about diameters or dimensions at that point. The guy has some more of my stuff I want back and stopped communicating by blocking my phone calls. After the Holliday, I will explore stronger options on having my stuff returned. Wished I had known now the of thing.

The bearings and spacer combos would work with a 21mm I.D. drum but not the 18mm. After being ported on by a local member the saw was returned to me missing the parts. It's a long and nasty story and I would like to know just what was lost. I had replaced the seals when I brought it to the guy and had the clutch, bearing, sleeve, and all on it and back together but never thought about diameters or dimensions at that point. The guy has some more of my stuff I want back and stopped communicating by blocking my phone calls. After the Holliday, I will explore stronger options on having my stuff returned. Wished I had known now the of thing.

That sucks. If you need one of these 21mm drums let me know. I dont plan on doing any more with these series saws. In fact i should list them all in the trading post

Fellow south of Kansas City has one. Last I talked to him it was $800.

It came out of a barn he cleaned out. Purchased to cut up one tree. Had sat since then.
990c83b31756a5ed42a4533aa2c85a69.jpg

d8ac7e8f210bece1d9bc186f6bd3a568.jpg

2a5e5655fcaf5f61d21df963e526196c.jpg
Hey , that's my saw :)

Latest posts

Back