Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really miss running that 3400, like the power it had, guess I'm gonna love it even more with more power, grunt grunt grunt, trying to do Tim Allen. [emoji38]

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

With that 3700 top end you will see a lot more compression. For some reason the double thin ring in those had more compression than the double thick ring that came in the 3400 and 3800. Get rid of the base gasket and it will be even better. Also take the plastic intake and smooth out all those casting ridges and port match the exhaust from the cylinder to the muffler. Also open up the baffle in the muffler and open the muffler exit hole itself.

I have this taking up valuable Remy space on my top shelf.
7596fab41d70f897903a910469007995.jpg

cad8b648c608f5ec75676c4295689d2d.jpg

fb50ff3d359ccaadf8aa3560e27e74de.jpg

Better than five years sitting since I went thru it.

Mark can tell you all the things I did wrong.[emoji6]

Hey guys foes anyone know if bucking spikes for a pp295 will fit a pp365?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Put this parts saw I bought back to how they come from factory. Not my choice for 54cc but a local will like 22" I reckon.

New rubber av's, tensioner, clutch drum bearing, impulse line, fuel line and filter. Different clutch cover. Removed inside tube from muffler. What I remember off the top of my head.

Before as bought for parts.

After testing.
Still need to put rope in the recoil

pp330.jpg_thumb.png DSCF9248.JPG p330lasta.jpg p330lastb.jpg

Put this parts saw I bought back to how they come from factory. Not my choice for 54cc but a local will like 22" I reckon.

New rubber av's, tensioner, clutch drum bearing, impulse line, fuel line and filter. Different clutch cover. Removed inside tube from muffler. What I remember off the top of my head.

Before as bought for parts.

After testing.
Still need to put rope in the recoil

View attachment 602904 View attachment 602905 View attachment 602906 View attachment 602907
They were supposed to be pretty good saws. Some had carb issues(type escapes me) but a carb change and they ran pretty good.

Perfect timing. What carb does that saw use? I just grabbed a 335 but I can't find what carb kit it needs.

They were supposed to be pretty good saws. Some had carb issues(type escapes me) but a carb change and they ran pretty good.

Yep I have only had 1 bad carb so far. = 164 if my memory is right. We have a thread on them and the fix if you can get part.

I put that long azz oem dawg on there to take up some of that 22". I think that is what they had in mind when selling too. I like the short normal dawg myself.

Latest posts

Back