Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep I have only had 1 bad carb so far. = 164 if my memory is right. We have a thread on them and the fix if you can get part.

I put that long azz oem dawg on there to take up some of that 22". I think that is what they had in mind when selling too. I like the short normal dawg myself.

I'm running a 20" on mine. Handles it pretty well. 22" with big dogs probably comes out pretty close.

All this talk of 3700's so I took a drive in the country and got a $20 fixer upper. P&C look great, spark, comp feels good, starter pulley looks good and a good bar and chain.

Down side, a wrong fastener and the AF is about done. LOL Will need to usual fuel and vent lines, carb kit and maybe crank seals.

The only saw I've picked up with replacement bar studs, two in fact. There must have been a hamfisted PO in the past.

DSCF3442.JPG DSCF3444.JPG DSCF3445.JPG

All this talk of 3700's so I took a drive in the country and got a $20 fixer upper. P&C look great, spark, comp feels good, starter pulley looks good and a good bar and chain.

Down side, a wrong fastener and the AF is about done. LOL Will need to usual fuel and vent lines, carb kit and maybe crank seals.

The only saw I've picked up with replacement bar studs, two in fact. There must have been a hamfisted PO in the past.

View attachment 603309 View attachment 603311 View attachment 603312
Great pick up. I'm always amazed at the great deals some guys find. Guess I'm jealous.

Great pick up. I'm always amazed at the great deals some guys find. Guess I'm jealous.

They aren't as common as they used to be up here. I try to keep track of what I paid for saws. I can't remember some of the earlier purchase prices.

I do know the two most expensive saws I have have purchased was a brand new Echo CS-310, my first chainsaw, and a used 026 Stihl I bought a while after that.

Back