Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good saw. I would like to know how many of those 3.7 - 18's 3700's Poulan cranked out for Sears. They seem to be everywhere. The nice thing about them is they have a 3400 / 3800 flywheel and pulley which are a little easier to find.
Question is "is it a 3700 or 3800". I'm never sure with the Sears saws.

Looks like your doing some noodleing on that. I don't envy anyone splitting elm by hand.

Like you, i like a 295 and the rest in that series, when mm and tuned right they are very underrated for there price point.

That is for sure Mark. I do have a pretty good hydraulic splitter but if it becomes a real pain I will noodle it all. Would not be the first time.

Did the craftsman 3.7s and 34.s come from the factory with safety chain and a low kickback nose bar?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Measure my bow, it's 14" with 84dl chain, Oregon 72, so I'll need to get 3dl added to chain to get a 87dl per manuel you sent me Mark. Says I need to change mounts that are stiffer, like that's gonna happen. Also have to change handle brace, guess for clearance, got a spare I can experiment on. I'll get started on modifying the case and cover tomorrow morning after I get done hunting. I'll post pics of my cutting job then.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Checking to see how it's gonna look. Got to clean and paint bow and make guards.
084bce9c2cd74c5b33d6ee329f6037db.jpg

Measure my bow, it's 14" with 84dl chain, Oregon 72, so I'll need to get 3dl added to chain to get a 87dl per manuel you sent me Mark. Says I need to change mounts that are stiffer, like that's gonna happen. Also have to change handle brace, guess for clearance, got a spare I can experiment on. I'll get started on modifying the case and cover tomorrow morning after I get done hunting. I'll post pics of my cutting job then.

Where do you measure the bow bar to determine the length ?

I have a gray craftsman I believe 3300, it has the impulse nipple on the cylinder. Which saws in that series had this?

I looked at my craftsman 3.7 and the carburetor is badly gummed up with old gas, and I need a carburetor kit, which has not come in yet.

Latest posts

Back