Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Built this today waiting for the snow to pile up, all NOS parts
a8dbe2183a884abe478595f06b57c683.jpg
3b4e77ecd3ca6b881db1ac9266a1b056.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woke up to 5-6" of snow and couple feet drifts with the wind blowing. No biggie though. Take that all day compared to what NE has been getting hammered with.

Just showed this to a guy. Told him no problems getting rid of the red stuff and the yellow to if the price is right. ;)

DSCF0104.JPG

Built this today waiting for the snow to pile up, all NOS parts

Yup, cabin fever makes you do strange things to pass the time, lol.
I was thinking instead that you’d be busy feeding the wood stove all that firewood you just split up!

Success. Got the 3400 running. Pulled flywheel and the woodruff key
was sheared. Replaced it and it runs. Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Measured a Dayton (Poulan 3400 clone) top end at a shop yesterday & it was 1.813" in the bore & 1.810" even on the
piston skirt, so a proper 0.003" clearance on that one. Aluminum bore & chromed piston, & the rings were flat worn out.
I forgot to measure the diameter of the piston crown or ring land area to get taper, but will do it next week.

Yup, cabin fever makes you do strange things to pass the time, lol.
I was thinking instead that you’d be busy feeding the wood stove all that firewood you just split up!

Measured a Dayton (Poulan 3400 clone) top end at a shop yesterday & it was 1.813" in the bore & 1.810" even on the
piston skirt, so a proper 0.003" clearance on that one. Aluminum bore & chromed piston, & the rings were flat worn out.
I forgot to measure the diameter of the piston crown or ring land area to get taper, but will do it next week.
What taper are you looking for

Pick this up for 20 bucks yesterday. Still has the stock 18" bar. I have been looking for a Poulan 2400 for quite some time. They are getting harder and harder to find. A good clean up, base gasket delete, timing advance, slight porting, fine tuning and fresh loop of PS3 should make it a good runner.

DSCN6161.JPG DSCN6162.JPG DSCN6163.JPG

Finally got some time this winter to play with that 3500 that grenaded. Got it all together and running. She is a screamer.

Got to thank @Modifiedmark for talking me through the big carb and intake upgrade. He also sold me a new tank assembly he had to help make it happen.

Also have to thank @JeremiahJohnson for providing all the parts to put it back together after the flywheel grenaded and basically wrecked the whole saw. He was kind enough to tear down a 365 that he had to provide the parts to piece it back together.

Some people would have given up on it but I am just boneheaded enough to keep going.

Attachments

• IMG_20180325_123511273.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20180325_123355254.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 18
Back