Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now it needs a new starter pulley anyway because half of the teeth that engage the starter pawls are broken off but I have been unable to locate a pulley and it was still working fine so I left it.

Those pulleys are hard to find as they were discontinued years ago.

You could send a PM to AS member “acornhill”, as he might still have one, or even a good used one with all 6 teeth.

IIRC 530069290 was the latest part number.

Anyone know the deal on 49mm rings for 3750, 380, 3500, etc?
Are they available? Part #?

All I could find reference to for a current husqvarna/poulan # is 530030176, listed on various sites like parts tree as fitting a number of the 60cc models
but also with a few probable 54cc models thrown in as well.
I was ordering a fan housing so figured for $2 each I'd include a couple of the rings, will likely use them eventually even if they're 46.5mm.
Well, they were the smaller size, so now I have no clue what to order. Saws in question are a type 3 3450 and 3500.

For chits and giggles tried looking up pistons/cylinders, that also seems to be a real can o' worms, lol...

Looks like you can still get some variant of the 46.5mm bore cylinders for around 16 bucks, shipped.

You wanting 49mm or 46.5mm?

Order just about any 49mm x 1.5mm ring for your 60cc poulan. Oem still can be bought new. Stihl, Caber, etc too.

46.5mm 1.5mm is 54cc poulan only that I know of.

I have the info saved here broke down by threads. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/poulan/

You wanting 49mm or 46.5mm?

Order just about any 49mm x 1.5mm ring for your 60cc poulan. Oem still can be bought new. Stihl, Caber, etc too.

46.5mm 1.5mm is 54cc poulan only that I know of.

I have the info saved here broke down by threads. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/poulan/

For some reason I had it in my head that they were an odd thickness.
I had done some digging on cs repair for that info but gave up after going through probably 20 pages, there is a lot of info there but it's pretty scattered.
Went back again, continued on and found it, guess I should have dug just a little deeper.

I am looking for 49mm/60cc for a 3450 TIII and a 3500. Any idea what a good poulan part # is?
That, I have yet to come up with.
It's not 530030176 as most vendors have it listed, that's the 46.5mm for the 54cc saws.

No big deal since I can get the Cabers but I can only find them in the harder, high tension f cast and I'd prefer not to run those in chrome bores.
Also the poulan stuff tends to be less than half the price and I'll be buying a half dozen of them.
I usually keep most of the common 42-58mm metric sizes on hand but of course am out of the 49 x 1.5's.

On an aside... Anyone know for sure what cylinder a Poulan/Husqvarna 530012367 is? Jacks has it listed as one of three part #'s fitting a 3750, for $56.
Power Mower Sales has them listed, with no other description, at $8.05 w ~$8 shipping, I'm tempted just to see...

Went for a load of firewood yesterday with the girls. I could afford to use a heavier saw, as they helped load. Today though, I went on my own. Glad I ran the beater 3000. Hands down, the best < 50cc underdog ever made. Blasted through a few tanks and a couple of truckloads by the end of the day. And, I can still stand upright thanks to the 3000.

I did have to pull the clutch cover a couple of times yesterday to clean the cotter pin/vent for the oil tank. Pump was drying up. I might have to put an auxiliary vent in the cap or rig something up to divert the cake away from the pin. Douglas fir packs things up in a hurry.

3000’s are great saws. Sounds like you did a muffler job.

3000’s are great saws. Sounds like you did a muffler job.
It runs pretty well Bob. This one has no base gasket. I flipped the diffuser in the muffler is all. I don't know about the U.S. models, but the Canadian ones came with a side exhaust port in the muffler body. They breathe well, provided the air filter doesn't get covered in the fine dust.

Back