Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used a silicone rubber stopper from a Caplugs kit assortment & stuffed it into the big threaded hole. That also sealed off the little air hole.

Pulled it back out with needlenose pliers. If it goes too far & falls into the tank, you can retrieve it out of the oil filler hole or pull the pump’s sheet metal cover off to get it.

The small perpendicular air hole is what pressurized the oil tank, but you can’t plug it & get the check valve screwed back in. At least I couldn't figure out how...

I think you could use a 3/8-24 x 1/2 fully threaded bolt with a little teflon tape to seal it for the test.

No. Had started a erroneous statement but couldnt delete so i did my gilda radner impersonation
Had thought about a bolt also. Gonna get it manana.
Just once id like to get one of those “needs fuel line and filter” flip saws. Lately ive been doing some serious rehabs before i can flip em.

Hey guys, it has been a LONG time since i was on here. I was recently handed a poulan 48, sand-cast saw. Anyone have an idea of what bar fits this monster?, or what can be made to work? This will not be a regular use saw, mainly for GTG's etc, so it it is not a perfect fit, no biggie.

Hey guys. Just acquired a Poulan Super 33. It's all there and looks pretty good, but it needs crank bearings and seals. Another member helped me out with an IPL and I've located all but one seal. It's part # 1936 on the IPL. Anyone have this seal or know a suitable replacement? I don't have it apart yet. Thanks in advance.20180712_205631.jpg

Here is a rebadged Poulan. Runs pretty well. Can’t believe how loud the thing is!!!

2rnagxw.jpg
What saw is this ? I crashed and decided dangerous things on the ground are fun too.

How do others proof the oiler check valve on the 1800, 2000, s25, xxv, etc? Ive tried blowing/sucking with my mouth but find im not calibrated to that. Also tried various devices on my mityvac but no joy.
I dont want to just automatically replace them. Not that expensive, thats just how i roll
Edit
Never mind. Figured it out

Hey guys. Just acquired a Poulan Super 33. It's all there and looks pretty good, but it needs crank bearings and seals. Another member helped me out with an IPL and I've located all but one seal. It's part # 1936 on the IPL. Anyone have this seal or know a suitable replacement? I don't have it apart yet. Thanks in advance.View attachment 665393

I couldnt find anything online for the seal you wanted and forgot to get back with you.
IPL I had saved so that was easy to link to you.

Someone might have measurements to match you up. Good luck.

Hey guys. Just acquired a Poulan Super 33. It's all there and looks pretty good, but it needs crank bearings and seals. Another member helped me out with an IPL and I've located all but one seal. It's part # 1936 on the IPL. Anyone have this seal or know a suitable replacement? I don't have it apart yet. Thanks in advance.

That’s the same seal as used in a later made Poulan 306/245, the inner PTO seal.

Dichtomatik-TCM #068091VM. Dichto can be sourced from any of the Fastenal distributors.

OEM is Poulan 5300 01936, the older IPLs dropped the part number 5300 prefix, then the remainder is a 5 digit number. So if it started with a zero, they left that out too.

Thanks hotshot. I looked up that seal and I'm gonna order it as soon as I verify the dimensions against my old seal. I was waiting to tear the saw down until I had a line on parts. I appreciate all the good info from guys on this site.

Sometimes they just make SMH. Sometimes they impress. This one was total fail. Screw though case to try and hold muffler on. Busted the cc right behind the tensioner with a bent all to heck wrong bolt. They tried to patch up but failed. Some kind of window screen bolted to part that suppose to hold the air filter on.

DSCF0754.JPG DSCF0752.JPG

I just jacklegged my 3400 today.

The third tank of fuel seemed to be mostly running down my arm when I cut overhead.

Pulled it apart, and the tank vent was gone. Well...not gone, but down in the tank. The duckbill had deteriorated, and wasn't usable, but the bib connector was still there.

I had one of those thin plastic pipes that you put in the nozzle of a carb cleaner can, so I stuffed a piece of it into some thin fuel line, stuffed that into some thick fuel line attached to the bib, and stuffed it into the vent hole.

No leaks, and it seems to be venting just fine.

Latest posts

Back