Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone. I'm working on a couple of later model Poulan 4000's and am in need of decals for the recoils and drive covers. These saws are more of a bright lime green color and have the lime green and black decals. I reached out to a Member here who'd made some years ago, but haven't heard back in a few weeks now. I'm open to suggestions or would happily purchase one or multiple sets for my saws. Let me know your thoughts or ideas, and thanks for any assistance. Best, Max.
Chainsawr.com had decals.
You can also go to Chainsawr.com. They sell them.

My PP190 came in today best saw i have bought to date from Ebay stand up seller...... I went through the whole saw runs and cuts as it should... i did put a new 14 inch bar and chain on it ..... and tuned it to Florida's heat....I do not have one bad thing to say.... Seems like ebay has been a bust the last year never a saw just as described.....any ways here are the pics of this very cool micro series saw.....View attachment 670476 View attachment 670477 View attachment 670478
By lookin at the background pictures I finally understand how mulch is made, get a great saw and cut rounds with it. How long before you can bag it. Just funning you. Enjoy the saw my friend

By lookin at the background pictures I finally understand how mulch is made, get a great saw and cut rounds with it. How long before you can bag it. Just funning you. Enjoy the saw my friend
When i do noodles my son bags them and uses them to start our fires with a knife and the magnesium bar.... he wants to be the youngest kid on survivor..... He is getting pretty good at almost 12......

You want mulch, I’m partners with a friend on a Mobil Dimension mill, now that thing can make some lumber fast, but it makes a hellova pile of sawdust in the process.:cool:

This is the small cc family. Started out looking for a atv saw, then the ocd sickness set in and I found a older
gentleman that did repair years ago and I got to see his pile, got what I could then he up and passed on before I could get to see him again. Anyway it sometimes takes 2 or 3 to make a good one so I did. They are all great runners. 20180824_085828-800x450.jpg

Todd, very nice collection there! I have a couple of these saws and enjoy running them. As I get older however, I find them challenging to work on visually and with my fat fingers. The Craftsman, is that a 2.3? I have my Wife's brothers Craftsman and it runs well. Best, Max.

Hey fellas. So, I've been fortunate enough to find a few nice saws in the past couple of weeks. Here is a Poulan 3400 in Craftsman colors, black and grey. It's got a beautiful piston, spike, and the cosmetics are above average. It hasn't been wiped down or blown off yet. I bought it from the original owners son and it has the Craftsman branded case. As far as I can remember, this is the first saw I've purchased with the chain on backwards! It needs lines and a bit of cleaning, and I'll also check the carb to see if it needs a kit before trying to start it. 20180825_172729.jpeg 20180825_172741.jpeg 20180825_172754.jpeg 20180825_172939.jpeg

Hey fellas. So, I've been fortunate enough to find a few nice saws in the past couple of weeks. Here is a Poulan 3400 in Craftsman colors, black and grey. It's got a beautiful piston, spike, and the cosmetics are above average. It hasn't been wiped down or blown off yet. I bought it from the original owners son and it has the Craftsman branded case. As far as I can remember, this is the first saw I've purchased with the chain on backwards! It needs lines and a bit of cleaning, and I'll also check the carb to see if it needs a kit before trying to start it. View attachment 671032 View attachment 671033 View attachment 671034 View attachment 671035

That's a very nice clean saw nice job.....

It a 3400 or a 3700, unless it's a thick ring 3800, the 2.8 and 3.0 came later. See the difference. Top, 2.8 bottom 3400.
b05e795c4c2a039d6954ba56f5e6608f.jpg
513bfc6cba3d4f13df35bc6ae1410839.jpg

Steve

Picked this up from eBay, $35 shipped. The piston and cylinder look good, pulls just under 115 PSI on the pressure gauge.

I poured some gas in the tank, pulled the rope a few times, and it fired up. The oiler also works.

It's getting a cleaning, a carb rebuild kit, new fuel lines, new crank seals, and I need to fix the kill switch. It also needs a new drive sprocket, but that is very minor. Relative to the Dayton / Poulan 245 that I just rebuilt, this one is going to be easy.

ETA: oh yeah, also needs a recoil spring and new rope.

I'm still debating - 12" or 14" bar...
1535292451575-2131323348.jpg
1535292541452806387000.jpg

Latest posts

Back