Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Repaired the plug hole on the 245a with a Save-A-Thread.
8bfeafd35c141f1a4910b55049b59454.jpg

Soooooo easy. [emoji6]

Many sharp raps with the setting tool works better than one mighty bash.

Aren’t you concerned of getting aluminum chips inside there? I usually pull the head to drill & tap, plus you can decarbon the piston ring lands too.

Looks good & those do work well.

WOW, that's cheap, WOW, good, bump that, extremely good find. Looks new and unmolested. Did it come in the box unopened?

Steve

It did come in a box, box had a big hole in it, thought here we go again but luckily the bar & chain were in there un wrapped. My delivery guy must have thrown it back in the box. It is an original unmolested saw for sure, rebuilt carburetor and new fuel lines etc and away she went

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 6pak of Oktoberfest sold me :p. But also got a nice pair of husky chaps and a like new 4218 with case for my labor time. Not bad for tuning and putting a set of seals in a 026.
Oh and sharpen 2 chains.

So all I got is some time in it all.

Hate that gimmick tool less side cover though. Maybe next owner might want it.

Owner said it didnt want to start. Dumped old coffee looking mix out, put mine in. Used purge bulb to pass new through. 2nd pull started.

DSCF0907.JPG DSCF0909.JPG DSCF0910.JPG

The 6pak of Oktoberfest sold me :p. But also got a nice pair of husky chaps and a like new 4218 with case for my labor time. Not bad for tuning and putting a set of seals in a 026.
Oh and sharpen 2 chains.

So all I got is some time in it all.

Hate that gimmick tool less side cover though. Maybe next owner might want it.

Owner said it didnt want to start. Dumped old coffee looking mix out, put mine in. Used purge bulb to pass new through. 2nd pull started.

View attachment 675921 View attachment 675922 View attachment 675923

You probably already know this.... You can put a standard cover on that and dump the stupid tool-less cover.

Got you a trash cutting saw.

Steve

These things get a bad rap for some unknown reason. My non-AV PP3516 is 13 years old and still cranks - despite the abuse that it has been subjected to.

Back