Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it runs , the mac is higher in compression and a little buzzy thing. I was doing a little cutting today with the pp325 and noticed a muffler bolt broken off. Pulled it apart and saw the piston is scored a bit . It runs fine but only blows 135 . Can you find pistons and is it worth chasing a few psi ?
IMG_3466.JPG IMG_3467.JPG

Yes the pipes are right for the minis . Off 1/5 scale r/c cars. I wouldnt have noticed the piston if not for the broken bolt. Now I guess its a good firewood saw . Pistons seem scarce.

Yes it runs , the mac is higher in compression and a little buzzy thing. I was doing a little cutting today with the pp325 and noticed a muffler bolt broken off. Pulled it apart and saw the piston is scored a bit . It runs fine but only blows 135 . Can you find pistons and is it worth chasing a few psi ?
View attachment 679796 View attachment 679797
MIght be hard as its a partner designed saw I believe. Had one and it ran great but I sold it. 135 isn't that bad.

If anyone is interested on ebay under poulan 4000 there is a saw that is correct for a bow bar, has the cut out and the drop-down brace. Never looked at one before, 249.00 and free shipping. Not mine and if I didn't have 3 I'd think about it

The little top handle poulan saws here in nz and the later plastic stuff are around if you look. The 4000 I bought was the 1st older midish size mag cased poulan I've ever seen here so I jumped on it but dont think I'll ever see many more they just seem really rare here. Heaps of macs I had a lombard for a while and homies are around so north American stuff made it here but not many bigger poulan's bugger it

Been getting calls from the UK
shocked.gif
. Guy tracked me down by calling a old poulan dealer I have dealt with here in the states. Looks like I maybe sending the NOS 475 topend to help him repair a guys partner 7700 with the air injection. Figured he could just leave the tube off.

p475usednos2x.jpg

Back