Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it mite be very close. I've realized my echo 500vl bar will fit it's got a busted handlebar at the moment so will flog that. What's the difference between d007 and d009? I've got a husky bar on my pm800 just filed the adjusters inwards and made a S shim but pretty sure that would fit straight on the poulan so I must look at what mount it is. I never looked just saw it would fit and got on with it. The poulan bar isn't with me so cant check but it uses a S shim also and so does the echo. The echo bar I cant identify but I "think" it's a GB from the shape of the tip.

Bars bars bars.. ok so what the hell mount is this little 10 series bar its a factory mac bar and I was under the impression they all used d176?

Yea it will pull a 24 but hell I'll pick the pm800 if I need a 24. The 18 was nice maybe a tad short. My 700 is the go too saw with a 20 it's a good average size. The 10-10 bar I have here is so narrow that the adjuster pin would be in the road of the drivers on the chain. I've got 3 16inch mac bars I'll try the other two when I get home 1 is on a pm610 mccinder block that was hit with the biggest ugly bat that someone could ever find and grew on the ugliest of ugly trees lol. Huge fat assed thing it is Haha. Everyone I know brings me saws so I dont turn them down no matter what as they won't come with that nice 3700 I'm hoping for some day I'm sure you guys are in the same boat too. I played decent money for maybe 3 saws the rest just kinda showed up to the wife's dismay.

Sorry for the dribble I'm a rambler:)

I think it mite be very close. I've realized my echo 500vl bar will fit it's got a busted handlebar at the moment so will flog that. What's the difference between d007 and d009? I've got a husky bar on my pm800 just filed the adjusters inwards and made a S shim but pretty sure that would fit straight on the poulan so I must look at what mount it is. I never looked just saw it would fit and got on with it. The poulan bar isn't with me so cant check but it uses a S shim also and so does the echo. The echo bar I cant identify but I "think" it's a GB from the shape of the tip.

Bars bars bars.. ok so what the hell mount is this little 10 series bar its a factory mac bar and I was under the impression they all used d176?

I haven't seen a Canadian 3400-4000 that did not come equipped with a large mount UXL Speed Tip Windsor bar. The modern Oregon D196 is equivalent. The UXL was standard from the factory (Canada) on 7xx-9xx Homelites, large and small mount Echos and many an XL-76/130 (even though they were designed for a K095'ish-type mount). The older small mount Echos use the modern D176, but I've never seen (if they made one) an equivalent Windsor except on Macs. But, I don't know what they coded them as. The saws with the 5/16 studs wore S-spacer shims on the studs to take them out to 3/8. A very effective alternative to the shims are 3/8 extension springs. Cut 3 coils or so and slip them onto the studs if you end up using a larger mount.

Just another option.

I'm not a Mac person, yes the PM600 series is a cinder block, but has torque to cut. I parked mine when I got my 3400/3700.

Steve

Yea I don't think there a bad saw in terms of cutting performance. Not fast but chug along and reliable as and cheap as chips lots of parts too. Have ya had many other Mac's?

I haven't seen a Canadian 3400-4000 that did not come equipped with a large mount UXL Speed Tip Windsor bar. The modern Oregon D196 is equivalent. The UXL was standard from the factory (Canada) on 7xx-9xx Homelites, large and small mount Echos and many an XL-76/130 (even though they were designed for a K095'ish-type mount). The older small mount Echos use the modern D176, but I've never seen (if they made one) an equivalent Windsor except on Macs. But, I don't know what they coded them as. The saws with the 5/16 studs wore S-spacer shims on the studs to take them out to 3/8. A very effective alternative to the shims are 3/8 extension springs. Cut 3 coils or so and slip them onto the studs if you end up using a larger mount.

Just another option.

Ah right so the S spacer on mine could well be factory then? it's rather strong not soft like it would be if someone cut it out of sheet metal. I'll read some numbers on the bar when I get home soon it's kind of a speed tip just a little odd looking speed tip. Thanks for that post that's some good info there to chew on.

Back