Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a Mac, plastic case saw, Poulan better.

Steve

It's odd how elux had so many different levels of equipment and why they let the Jred saws stay at a high level. What's wrong with high end stuff from all there brands it's still going in there pocket any way and more to choose from if you dont like stihl.

I like running chisel chains, as long as the wood is clean, dirty wood gets semi.

Steve

Yea me too I've only got a couple loops now need to stock up a bit. How do you sharpen Steve? I file only no guide just husky depth gauge took ages to learn but have got pretty good now

20181205_153006-1280x720.jpg I spent the better part of last week sharpening chains from some of the saws that I have aquired over the last year. I had to use the electric grinder to get them back to usable shape . Nobody sends a good chain when you buy a saw. I did enjoy making a good chain from the junk I started with. I have always hand filed my chains. PS I kept my thumb out of the way

View attachment 688352 I spent the better part of last week sharpening chains from some of the saws that I have aquired over the last year. I had to use the electric grinder to get them back to usable shape . Nobody sends a good chain when you buy a saw. I did enjoy making a good chain from the junk I started with. I have always hand filed my chains. PS I kept my thumb out of the way

Would like a grinder for that very reason although it is good practice bringing back a butcherd chain with a file. Got a couple mates who bring me there chains and after they've been at them with a file there a right mess. Can take an hour on some of them.

How is the old thumb getting on Todd?

If I wasn't tending to the thumb I might have done some chains freehand. It's healing good and maybe the 12th I'll get the pins out

Aww well that's good news. Did ya have all ya firewood sorted before ya munched it up? I'd come n do some kindling for ya but the bus ticket is a bit much this close to Christmas.

Latest posts

Back