Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t know how to link but search,ebay ,poulan 5200 crankshaft, , down aways is a add has 10 new 18.95 it's customchainsawparts

Well that didn’t turn out very well.

Bryce at customchainsawparts sent the wrong crankshaft & their (included) new clutch drive plate didn’t even fit their crank threads.

The fleabay ad picture is correct with a two step crank, but the single step crank they sent is a larger 1/2” diameter clutch side, what a bunch of ********.

The 5200/5400 crank I have is a two step 7/16” shaft, like their ad pic, and their included drive plate does fit mine just fine...you’d think they would have tried to screw that drive plate on to check it!

B6E1BB24-DBF7-4F29-A556-C40BF1C61523.jpeg

That is a nice Canadian 4000, how did that end up down under? Couldn't really tell from the vid what bar length you're running, is that a 16" or 18"? Whatever it is that wood is no match for it.

Thanks man. Yeah commonwealth country I guess has something to do with it and fossil was saying about that and duty rates made it better for export as well.

Yea it is a 16 full chisel in poplar lol so no match at all but have cut dry gum with it too and yea it really rips. My mate in the background was using a stihl ms311 and it eats that thing.. mind you his chain was awful and 20 inches so not fair.

I've got a 20inch for it just needs a chain 16 is nice at times though but I'd rather put that back on the 500vl.

When I go cutting at my friend's place he always says "make sure you bring that 4000 bro" he loves it. And is very kind to it he understands that parts are a pain and I've tought him to listen for a lean condition lol poor husky 350 got the needle wound in

Well that didn’t turn out very well.

Bryce at customchainsawparts sent the wrong crankshaft & their (included) new clutch drive plate didn’t even fit their crank.

The eBay ad picture is correct with a two step crank, but the single step crank they sent is a larger 1/2” diameter clutch side, what a bunch of ********.

The 5400 crank I have is a two step 7/16” shaft, like their pic, and their included drive plate does fit mine just fine...you’d think they would have tried to screw that drive plate on to check it!

View attachment 713737

Hopefully they put that right for ya

I wonder how many they sold, after telling you about them I decided that I would get one for a rainy day . Mine came with the clutch part screwed on and it looks good. You can't beat 18.95 for a crank. Might not be able to find one in a year just like starter pulleys

I wonder how many they sold, after telling you about them I decided that I would get one for a rainy day . Mine came with the clutch part screwed on and it looks good. You can't beat 18.95 for a crank. Might not be able to find one in a year just like starter pulleys

When you get a chance, please post a picture of your crank.

Is the PTO shaft diameter about 0.435”?

Overall length, FW side of crank, & con rod was fine.

So you received a 8500 crank with a 5400 clutch spider? I purchased one long ago and I pretty sure mine was correct, I actually purchased it just for the spider, I will follow up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that looks to be the problem. The box top is handwritten “5200 replacement”, but that means very little.

You may want to check yours.

I will say lately that Bryce & Kevin have made a few mistakes with their listings, getting to big & not having the knowledge needed or care for correctly listing their items. Also they never even attempted to respond to my issues.

I got a new grinder to hopefully grind my saw chains and fix the bars that are out of whack, might also sharpen my axes that I have collected thru the years. Not sure what motor to use, was thinking about the 2300 or a 3800 I have a few or20190208_070904-800x450.jpg go bigger and use the 4200 just kidding sort of

Part number on this 530069177. If they sent me a 8500 one I'd keep it or sell it to me. Mine looks ok but you tell meView attachment 713768

Thanks for doing that, & your pic is the correct two step model 5200/5400 crank, hopefully I can just swap out with him.

Was your PTO threaded end about 0.435” diameter?

I would like the one you have

Sorry, I dropped it off this morning on the way to work. Prepaid shipper was sent by fleabay & printed off last night.

They’ll have it back next week, you can send them the pic of it, that I posted earlier, for their proper ID. Cheaper from them as you would have paid twice the shipping...

Sorry, I dropped it off this morning on the way to work. Prepaid shipper was sent by fleabay & printed off last night.

They’ll have it back next week, you can send them the pic of it, that I posted earlier, for their proper ID.

Dam, that one may be harder to find,

For 20 I would have just set it back. Dang

OK looked 27.90 total with shipping added. Still if saws you run thats a deal.

Saving your guys pics. I had always wondered what the difference was on the 85 crank

That way if ever having to check them like we did the 52 54 85 cylinders. ;) All pics saved.

That’s the difference in shaft sizes, but the oil pump or bushing must be changed too, as it passes right through it.

I’d have never used it, don’t run anything Poulan made that’s bigger than a 5400, plus they needed it back for exchange.

Todd must have had an 8500 & wanted it for a spare, but spoke too late.

I got a new grinder to hopefully grind my saw chains and fix the bars that are out of whack, might also sharpen my axes that I have collected thru the years. Not sure what motor to use, was thinking about the 2300 or a 3800 I have a few orView attachment 713782 go bigger and use the 4200 just kidding sort of
Keep your fingers out of the way, may want to install a safety shield also, and a dead man switch. Can't be too careful.

Steve

Back