Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a good deal today [emoji38]. Was at Tractor Supply and was in the clearance area, worker said everything with a yellow price tag, half price the sticker price. Well I've been watching a brand new in the box jred leaf blower. Had been clearanced priced for 105 for about a month, well today it came home with me for 52 plus tax. [emoji847] Runs great and much lighter than my Stihl back pack blower.

Steve

Brother was also happy, set of standard Gear Wrench for $7.50, dad asked if they had another blower and any more wrenches, we said nope. That's what's happens when you decide to sit in the truck, you snooze, you lose. Of course he was actually snoozing in the truck.
Unfortunately no saws on clearance, looked real hard for that.
Steve

Well yesterday I got to get my nabours little 25da running nicely for him he said it was running but not very well so after a good tuning it's a happy little rascal now. Seems kinda sad on compression but still runs happily enough now you guys will cry but the owner before him used it for 20 years for carving limestone:( yup no joke and it still goes

35351301f00986545d4c770e65a390e5.jpg

Facebook group Vintage chainsaw collectors & cutters. Another way to rich for my blood. But one day my rich uncle will die out of that poor house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Working on a 2159 for a guy. He shows me a pic of a craftsman ding ding ding :numberone:. Told him I take dont care if scored or not parts are parts to me.
I show him 4 more just like it on my shelf :p. So it is coming to me for partial trade on my labor.

Got a 036 that been rode hard and put up wet too. Another local. Lot of issues fixing as parts come in.

j2159c.jpg j2159ccccc.jpg s036x.jpg s036xx.jpg s036xxxxxxx.jpg

35351301f00986545d4c770e65a390e5.jpg

Facebook group Vintage chainsaw collectors & cutters. Another way to rich for my blood. But one day my rich uncle will die out of that poor house.

Here is what I have to say, if saw was original and looked like that and ran as good then $1000 would not be to far off but it has been restored with a few fixes etc. Clearly it is not 100% correct either. Saw new was around $600 so with inflation $1400

Working on a 2159 for a guy. He shows me a pic of a craftsman ding ding ding :numberone:. Told him I take dont care if scored or not parts are parts to me.
I show him 4 more just like it on my shelf :p. So it is coming to me for partial trade on my labor.

Got a 036 that been rode hard and put up wet too. Another local. Lot of issues fixing as parts come in.

View attachment 716432 View attachment 716433 View attachment 716434 View attachment 716435 View attachment 716436
That Jred looks nice.

Steve

Here is what I have to say, if saw was original and looked like that and ran as good then $1000 would not be to far off but it has been restored with a few fixes etc. Clearly it is not 100% correct either. Saw new was around $600 so with inflation $1400

I love the 8500 I have and was fortunate when I found it. I've added NOS parts to it when I find them and love running the saw. However, I couldn't justify spending that much for an 8500, or (nearly) any saw for that matter. I've only bought one new saw and that was a Stihl MS 310 years and years ago. That's one reason that I became so interested in saws: finding and fixing them, and upgrading saws/parts when I could because I can't justify spending large sums on saws to maintain property and heat my home. As I learned more I acquired larger cc saws: Poulan 8500, Homelite 550/750's, and an 8800. One thousand for an 8500? Can't see it.

Latest posts

Back