Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more question since you were so quick on that one. What should be the crank end play on a 3700. And is it adjusted by the bearing location?
I've never been concerned about end play on my Countervibes. Radial play on the other hand means bearings might be bad. I believe end play is a function of both the bearing position and thrust washer.

I've never been concerned about end play on my Countervibes. Radial play on the other hand means bearings might be bad. I believe end play is a function of both the bearing position and thrust washer.

Mine was bad the bearing had walked outwards and the washer was a bit chewed up and was chewing into the case only on the flywheel side. The advice from you good gentlemen here saved that saw from certain death.

Well thanks Todd if I take care of it it'll last me many many years just doing a bit of firewood here n there. Its starting ok now not amazing but ok after a week of sitting it will fire on the 3rd of forth pull and be running by around yank number 5

Do you use the throttle lock?

Anyone know the bearing number of the midget sized needle bearing pair used in the 3400-4000 pistons? Probably were made by Torrington, or Koyo.

They're not listed separately on the IPL as they are already pressed in with the piston assembly.

Latest posts

Back