Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought you had this same problem a while back,? With a 3400 or 3700, make sure you don’t have an air leak as well. Side to side saw stays at idle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That ended up being a kill wire short. Saw idles fine on its side. Switched coil and carb, same issue. Maybe impulse passage partially blocked? I'll get a video this pm.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Tried the electrical tape step but got same results. Pulled flywheel and noticed the tape was worn. Guess it was too thick. Has to be the wire as I switched carbs with a good one and same issue. Woodruff key is in place so timing isn't off.

Well, I’ve about run out of ideas. Made a new kill wire and saw starts and isles great. However it still breaksup at full throttle. I’ve replaced carb and still the same. Could it be the coil or flywheel?

Bob,

If the plug wire pulled out of the coil cut about 3/16" off the end of the wire and screw it back in. The barb that's in the well for the wire should be threaded like a wood screw. If it gets loose like yours, it may cause the misfire you're having. Check that wire for any rubs or cracks to make sure the spark isn't jumping to ground somewhere along it's length due to missing or very thin insulation.

Well finally going to run the bar I shortened down from 24 to 20 inches on the 4000 in the weekend. Hopefully I'll get a bit of use out of it it's China's finest lol it's a laminated bar yet has a replaceable tip on it and kinda looks like a speed tip from a distance Haha. Any way leads me to a question where do you guys get your NOS speed tip bars? Is Ebay the best bet? 20190319_141123.jpg

Post a vid so we can see what's happening, no need second guessing, at least a minute.

Steve
Well, here’s a video of saw at idle and wot. Hesitation is somewhat worse than it sounded on video, but it is representative. Only thing I haven’t changed yet is the plug, which I intend to do.
Dang it, says file is too large! Any ideas? Video is only 5 seconds.

Well, here’s a video of saw at idle and wot. Hesitation is somewhat worse than it sounded on video, but it is representative. Only thing I haven’t changed yet is the plug, which I intend to do.
Dang it, says file is too large! Any ideas? Video is only 5 seconds.

Chuck it on YouTube

Well I did the only thing left and put in a new plug. embarrassed to say that seems yup have fixed the issue. A little more run time will confirm I have egg on my face.

No egg mate its normal to get a dud new plug from time to time glad it was easy fix after all

Back