Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did I win, year supply of headaches. Glad you found your problem though. Had a spark plug whip me one time on a 6hp Honda. And that was one of the second things I had replaced. I tore that motor completely apart and checked everything. Brother bought a Honda replacement to go back on my compressor, I started swapping parts. Last thing I swapped was the plug. So I can say, Been there and Done that.

Steve

Yours don't show the post numbers like this?
5b7a3bf40d8ea64876d9466b10542b87.jpg

Steve

Dads poulan 3300 54cc he bought new in 1993 is cleaned up and ready for the shelf. Just purrs like a kitten idling forever and turns into a mad hornet.

Will just get it down from time to time to use and keep it going.

Made me smile and feel good about it.

Now to finish that little mac TH 130 I hated with a passion. Bought new in 79-81

p33.jpg p33x.jpg p33xx.jpg p33xxx.jpg p33xxxx.jpg p33xxxxx.jpg

pp335 in green?
just got one goin here. nice lil saw imo.
no pics yet.

Close. Bare bore thick ring 54cc though.

Dads 3300 on a tear down I did for him many years ago. av's, intake boot, lines, etc. Normal up keep over the years. Topend always looked great.

dads3300andapp365 005.JPG

No pics but put half an hour with new 20 inch bar n chain on the 4000 and dam it pulls it really well in hard nasty dry gum even all 20 buried. It would pull a 24 happily but don't need all that bar. Very happy really smooth nicely balanced what a great saw.

I think the oiler is a bit sad it was auto oiling but now not so sure so manual it is I don't mind not many of my saws do auto oil

No pics but put half an hour with new 20 inch bar n chain on the 4000 and dam it pulls it really well in hard nasty dry gum even all 20 buried. It would pull a 24 happily but don't need all that bar. Very happy really smooth nicely balanced what a great saw.

I think the oiler is a bit sad it was auto oiling but now not so sure so manual it is I don't mind not many of my saws do auto oil

Love the 4000. I have a 'snellerized' 4000 with a 20" bar on it...and find myself picking it up more than any of my other saws. Many folks have been surprised to see how strong it is.

Attachments

• IMG_3073.JPG
    IMG_3073.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3075.jpg
    IMG_3075.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • poulan 4000a.jpg
    poulan 4000a.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 26
Hey all, I’m looking for a coil and plug wire for a Poulan s6000 still (Dolmar 153), anyone know if they are available anywhere or does anyone have an extra? Here is a pic of the one I need to replace. Thanks!

33D1FD44-0536-4549-87D6-D3054D6D4BD3.jpeg

Interesting, so the "A" must stand for auto sharp not auto oil then. What does "SA" stand for? Is 125lbs good compression for this machine or should I look for a new set of rings and such?

SA stands for "Super Automatic" They added the S with the powersharp setup with barracuda chain. A is for the "automatic" oiler.

Here's a pic of the one that I picked up in the fall. Will try to get itr in wood this weekend and post a vid. I have not been around here is a while. It's kinda hard keeping up with all of the forums.

KIMG1394.JPG

Hey Nate, you’re up late!

That’s a Bosch CD module, same as the Stihl 045/056, Dolmar 113/153, Husky 285/480, Ducati and others.

Never saw a new OEM for sale, & most have already failed due to a crappy capacitor and/or the SCR trigger transistor.

However, there’s still some aftermarket Taiwan units left that worked well, from fleabay via Saegenspezi in Germany. It takes two longer mounting screws, the kill wire has to be extended & reterminated, & you may have to grind the OD of the mounting plate to get it to fit right...I know I did on the pair I got, Lol.

Also, look up & read the thread “Success!!!” by foggysail for possibly repairing that one you have. I had one out of three bad modules that actually made spark again after the surgery & capacitor addition. Nothing to lose but a cheap $2 capacitor & an hour of time. Neither of these fixes changes the timing at all.

The third workaround does change the timing, and uses an external Stihl trigger & your existing coil cut loose from the module.

I’ll post a couple of comparison pics of the plate advancement required to run it...about impossible to advance it that far unless you make a new mounting plate or run keyless on the flywheel. Left pic is with the coils lined up, the right is with the mounting slots aligned, the Saegenspezi is the lower one, on the saw.

Plug wire is a standard 5mm copper strand, just screw the old one out & a new piece in & cut it to length.

Edit- there is a new Husky 285 Bosch CDI on fleabay, for $180, lol

C1AE4889-23E5-47F2-8D13-BD83F1AE046F.jpeg F65CA6D3-97FE-4E3D-B4D8-E4A680C3E4D2.jpeg

Yellow tape in the middle of the handle? I went back through old posts and forums trying to figure out what might be unique. Could be the pipe shape also.

Yes the yellow tape was left on it in pics for hat and shirts. Pretty cool.

How I marked the balance point of my saws when racing. Middle finger on middle tape was perfect balace. Aim for it when cold start racing back in the day.

See it on more of them too. But black in middle.

CH3120x.JPG d166.jpg s084xx.jpg dirtydozensaws.JPG

Back