Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the 5/16 OD line a few people suggested will be perfect. Wasn't able to find any locally to confirm though.

135e538cb3c3d9a75a7d31edf9900695.jpg

Check eBay bud. Fits nicely inside of the 5/16 OD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That filter screen shot was just an example, correct?

If you’re buying fuel filters for the Poulan 4200/4400/5200/5400 series saws, you need Wabro’s #125-528. No Chinese crap either.

Those #125-527 work fine on the little S25DA & micro series.

My Mac PM605 would need two of those filters, it's filter is about 1" diameter or more so and my 5200 isn't much smaller. Went to my husky dealer and got the biggest he had that would fit. Can't remember the p#.

Steve

I finally took the time to put together the 2, 4000 that I had in boxes this past week. Split the cases and reset the bearing end play, new seals, rings, carb kits and fuel lines. All true 4000 parts in both of them and they are runners. Lot of fun cleaning and putting them together. It's that first pop when you know that it's going to run that gets my heart rate up.

I finally took the time to put together the 2, 4000 that I had in boxes this past week. Split the cases and reset the bearing end play, new seals, rings, carb kits and fuel lines. All true 4000 parts in both of them and they are runners. Lot of fun cleaning and putting them together. It's that first pop when you know that it's going to run that gets my heart rate up.
Got mine put together and running after finding that reason saw would breakup was the stinking plug. Should have started with the easy things first. Still need to recheck chain as it won't feed on its own but will cut if I put some pressure on the bar. Thought I had rakers low enough, but maybe not.

I was working on a 3700 and couldn't get it to fire so I checked the new plug and it had good spark, put it back in and nothing ,put a different new one in and it started. Still don't understand why the first one wouldn't run. Also had one that the air gap was to close at. 008 but ran fine at. 015. Saws ya just have to like them.

Got mine put together and running after finding that reason saw would breakup was the stinking plug. Should have started with the easy things first. Still need to recheck chain as it won't feed on its own but will cut if I put some pressure on the bar. Thought I had rakers low enough, but maybe not.

I was working on a 3700 and couldn't get it to fire so I checked the new plug and it had good spark, put it back in and nothing ,put a different new one in and it started. Still don't understand why the first one wouldn't run. Also had one that the air gap was to close at. 008 but ran fine at. 015. Saws ya just have to like them.

I rebuilt a 55 husky for my brother about 1o years ago. Complete rebuild, new bearings, seals, piston, cylinder. Brother bought a tune up kit from Husqvarna that included air filter and spark plug. Saw ran like a champ and tuned real nice. First time my brother went to use it, it died and wouldn’t restart. Just occasionally fire but not run. Spark plug showed nice hot blue spark. Went through the carb about twenty times. Finally gave up in disgust. My brother took it to a dealer and they put a new spark plug in it. Has run like a champ ever since. So I never trust a spark plug. New or not.

Had a good day today, went to an estate sale, everything marked, today was half off. Son inlaw got him a Poulan pro 4218 for 20 and a nice echo trimmer for 15. There was some more Poulans, all plastic types and I wasn't interested in those. Worker there tried talking me into them, offered 25 for all three left, he didn't answer back, oh well. Of course my daughter wrapped up with outside wall lights, new itb, new hi back bar stools, and a few other items. Folks were pac rats, buy nice new stuff and never use it. Who needs 25 diamond saw blades or 100 k@n air filters, really.

Steve

So I never trust a spark plug. New or not.

Or a fart! Or new points....

I just went through an early S25DA yesterday, with no spark. Points & condenser type with an open coil secondary, plus the condenser mount brazing joint had been busted off the sub-plate.

When I went to fire it up, with a known good coil, it still had no spark. If I grabbed the plug lead & cranked it, you could barely feel a pulse.

So I pulled the flywheel back off & grabbed an ohmmeter. High & low coil resistances were fine. Kill switch ohmed out fine, & so does the condenser.

But, the NOS points set showed no continuity when closed...hmmmm, pulled & polished the points w 400 grit, then cleaned & reset back to a 0.017” gap.

Bright blue spark now, just had never seen a brand new set do that. I didn’t check, but Homelite may have used cosmolene or a preservative on their A69336 point sets.

Uses the same points/cond set the as little red Homey Super 2 saws.

Had new NGK's out of the box all wonky. Acted like a coil going bad. Swapped in a Bosch and was all good. Had like 3 in a box of 10 NGK doing that crap years back and gave them up.
But now I am starting to see China made on some Bosch plugs instead of Germany and Brazil, so giving some NGK a try again.

Or a fart! Or new points....

I just went through an early S25DA yesterday, with no spark. Points & condenser type with an open coil secondary, plus the condenser mount brazing joint had been busted off the sub-plate.

When I went to fire it up, with a known good coil, it still had no spark. If I grabbed the plug lead & cranked it, you could barely feel a pulse.

So I pulled the flywheel back off & grabbed an ohmmeter. High & low coil resistances were fine. Kill switch ohmed out fine, & so does the condenser.

But, the NOS points set showed no continuity when closed...hmmmm, pulled & polished the points w 400 grit, then cleaned & reset back to a 0.017” gap.

Bright blue spark now, just had never seen a brand new set do that. I didn’t check, but Homelite may have used cosmolene or a preservative on their A69336 point sets.

Uses the same points/cond set the as little red Homey Super 2 saws.

I have new condensers in tractor distributors be hit or miss the last couple of years too.

Ok guys need your help I was doing the usual after run clean and sharpon and this is under my air filter:(20190416_203259.jpgwhat's the usual cause? My filter is in perfect nick and seems to seal up nicely.

Or is this normal through the 4000 mesh style filter? Surely not I don't want to roach this thing

Heres the filter still dirty on the inside20190416_204533.jpgI had to chew some off my finger and it's very very fine like flour. Brother in law was running it and yeah after after going over the chain about 5 teath on one side had hit something for sure now I did give it a file during its 3 tanks worth so it wasn't ran like that for long

Latest posts

Back