Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do y'all think about using J/B weld to bond a flywheel magnet back in place, working on a 25 hp mercury outboard.

Steve

It's pretty strong stuff Steve. Guys on an ATV forum have been using it to bond lining material to brake pads with no failures.

Steve ,All you have to do is get a clean surface and ruff it up as much as possible, jb has a strength of about 7000 psi. If the mag has some support to keep it from just flying off that would be the best. Example a edge to sit against ,a pin or bolt to help hold it. Anyway good luck and a picture might help

Not near the flywheel now, the spot it came from is still shinny, just have to clean the glue residue off both parts. I'll more than likely roughen up both parts to get a good bond. That thang drove me crazy running test on the control box, coils and connections. When I pulled the flywheel to inspect the pickup coil for any problems I didn't pay it any attention. The problem acted like a bad control box, but I had just replaced it cause my tests the first time pointed to the control box. I did notice something had hit the pickup some. When I flipped the flywheel over to inspect it,that when I saw the magnets were side by side. I put the magnet back in place just to test and had good spark on both cylinders. Install the old box and it to worked. Headaches!!!! Still got to finish up getting a 6 hp free mercury running correctly also, that to was a nightmare. Block leaking oil at the lower crankcase and has blow by and carburetor isn't doing good. Uuuuggggg. Sorry for the rant.

Steve

Worked on my son inlaw's new to him echo trimmer today, found it wasn't getting any fuel to the cylinder. Pulled the carb and pulled it apart and someone had been into it. When they put it back together they used blue rtv. What was in the carb was sticky gooey crap. Mess wouldn't flush out with carb cleaner. Some of the passages were clogged completely. Found one on the bay cheap so gonna go that route. Picked up some jb weld today so maybe I can get that flywheel fixed tomorrow after the egg hunt with the grandkids.

Steve

Wow some people shouldn't be able to buy parts without a permit, that blue goo is something else when It isn't set. Sounds like you did the only thing possible. Good luck with your projects. I told the grandkids that the round brown things in my horse pasture aren't Easter eggs

Worked on my son inlaw's new to him echo trimmer today, found it wasn't getting any fuel to the cylinder. Pulled the carb and pulled it apart and someone had been into it. When they put it back together they used blue rtv. What was in the carb was sticky gooey crap. Mess wouldn't flush out with carb cleaner. Some of the passages were clogged completely. Found one on the bay cheap so gonna go that route. Picked up some jb weld today so maybe I can get that flywheel fixed tomorrow after the egg hunt with the grandkids.

Steve

I ran into a problem with a China carb on my echo weed eater. It wasn’t delivering enough fuel for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might’ve just been mine. Previous owner may have order the wrong one. I replaced it with an echo carb from the dealer.

I'm looking at also ordering one for my Robin NB2001A, off brand but a fellow said it worked great on his and was adjustable. Carbs for these are hard to get. Robin made under their name, Makita and Dolmar.

Steve

I'm looking at also ordering one for my Robin NB2001A, off brand but a fellow said it worked great on his and was adjustable. Carbs for these are hard to get. Robin made under their name, Makita and Dolmar.

Steve

View attachment 732178
This saw is advertised as a 3400 . It has a 3400 recoil cover on it but I haven’t seen a 3400 with the black top . I have a couple of 4000’s that look like this one . How do I tell the difference in a 3400 and 4000 easily?

3400, correct air cleaner lid, correct muffler, correct recoil housing etc

Back