Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, I don't need another saw. Just wanted to know how much the guy was asking, y'all know how some folks are. They think it's worth mint price. Definitely low ball the price to start with.
The PO lives down toward my mother inlaw's way so I know ain't no pulp wooding going on.
Steve

Nice looking bowsaw, the bow would fetch more than the saw but I like both. Mind if I ask the price?

Steve[/
Nice looking bowsaw, the bow would fetch more than the saw but I like both. Mind if I ask the price?

Steve
He is asking $290 which is about triple what I would be willing to pay . I was just curious, I don’t think any of my 3400’s have the black top but all my 4000’s do I believe .

Decided that I'll probably keep the 361 poulan I picked up with a 4 saw purchase, which means I'll be rebuilding the carburetor on it. I have to say that I'm really impressed with the quality of the tillotson carb I've done 4 walbro carbs and they where ok?, but this seems to have a really nice build finish. I just hope it's just really gummy varnish inside.20190426_095009.jpg

Nothing like taking down a few trees with the right equipment. Used my echo 400 to drop with and the 3700 bow to buck.
a655e8d9e62136230f30bdc382bea323.jpg
a1c618613480b2e3f894d9ddd83f98bf.jpg
d85ce13c1f4266f10c8ca4df4cd09964.jpg
d10c42714fa7cb09ac6a77ba0f42e6fe.jpg
8f087b68fff33be372a355f15be617dd.jpg
fad6a6d737f1253160f196907d8e52bc.jpg
e933690209915eeed1c844b756ad7eef.jpg

Steve

I still had to do all the cutting. Some of the trees weren't easy, two had major leans and had the throw them in a different direction. One was leaning towards my daughter's house and the other towards the back porch. Had to cut them at an angle and leave a hinge on direction I wanted them to go. Brother used the excavator to push them where they needed to go. Dropped 6 and log cut them so they could move them faster with the equipment. Does make work easier.

Steve

Don't really know, original owner took the metal tracks off and installed rubber tracks. We had to replace all the bushings and pins in boom and bucket. They were worn completely out. After fixing all the hydraulic leaks my brother repainted it. Runs great, it quiet but man it takes you all day to move from point a to point b, she is slow. Most of the time if we got work on the back side of the farm, we load it on the trailer and move it with the tractor, lots faster than driving a snail.

Steve

Don't really know, original owner took the metal tracks off and installed rubber tracks. We had to replace all the bushings and pins in boom and bucket. They were worn completely out. After fixing all the hydraulic leaks my brother repainted it. Runs great, it quiet but man it takes you all day to move from point a to point b, she is slow. Most of the time if we got work on the back side of the farm, we load it on the trailer and move it with the tractor, lots faster than driving a snail.

Steve

Ah right I thought that it looked real tidy for an old girl and that explains it.

My boss just bought and old thrashed Hitachi 14Tonner a couple months ago and dam it's a mess. Complex machines and when its all knackered it's a big expensive task to fix

They can get expensive when repairing all the problems but it's a lot cheaper the a low hour or new one.

Steve

Yeah especially if it's not doing alot. Ours mite run 100 hours a year if it was lucky but for a guy running one all day every day would be something very different

Back