Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was running a couple saws today. Started bucking up some large rounds. Poulan 475 and the Poulan Predator 335. Good running saws.

View attachment 736422

View attachment 736423

That's a really nice 475, dig the full wrap handle on it too.
If it runs anything like my 4900...it should be a real cutter.

Is the 505 the same saw with just a larger top end?

Was running a couple saws today. Started bucking up some large rounds. Poulan 475 and the Poulan Predator 335. Good running saws.

View attachment 736422

View attachment 736423

That is sort of my big saw small saw combo for awhile too. But in 505 or 445 then the 3.3 black blue = predator 335.

Tim hooked me up with one of those seals at the poulan gtg. Then I found a few more in some NOS oil pump kits.

If you dont have pto seal 415 475. You need to split case and use the 425 445 505 set up for pto side. OE 372 seal is the fly side.

poilers.JPG

I was under the impression you could still buy the big poulan countervibe mounts strait from the manufacturer as long as you had the size and thread pitches, does anyone know anything about this. I tried searching this thread but couldnt find anything on it.

This is what I used, just have to rethread the case to fit the metric threads of the mount and use metric bolts the mount the parts to the case.
https://www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-parts-lookup/part/raisman/651838

Steve
4986c3fc1328d1107d6c0db23d7c8cd2.jpg

I was under the impression you could still buy the big poulan countervibe mounts strait from the manufacturer as long as you had the size and thread pitches, does anyone know anything about this. I tried searching this thread but couldnt find anything on it.

501699401 (hard),501773501(soft) for Husqvarna 61,66,266,268,272 xp is a direct fit considering the dimensions but you must retap the tank threads with a drywall screw/concrete screw.I need to replace the 2 frond on my 4200.Last time i replaced the upper right (i think that the 2 upper are different from the 4 lowers),i got it from Tim among a bunch of NOS gaskets,piston rings,crank seals and some other goodies.

The threads in the tank are 12/24 and the ones that Steve did are 6x1.0 mm. I'm sure you don't even have to drill anything just get the mm tap. I used the ones from a 3400 that go by the handle on my 4200 that I had but they are a little soft but they work. Think I will try and get some from Jacks.

Back