Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So instead of the green plastic Poulans that give folks fit til someone like us tune them, they all gonna be orange lil turds I won't touch. I noticed Lowes Home Improvement don't carry but on small Poulan, they got pushed aside for Crapman MTD saws. Tractor Supply still carries Poulan Pro along with Husqvarna.

Steve

Apparently they are going with all Huskies. Same diff but different plastics and if current prices on the 435, 440 saws, margins go up a lot as well.

I guess we will see if and when they roll it out.

I know the Jonsered name applies as well.

I guess the loss to me is cheap Poulans of the good variety, when their current bad rep is forgotten. I may be dead by then though.

Hope this post,

Steve
0bc2fdf760553cb9831681a378d59127.jpg

Picked up that 3400 bow saw today, not in too bad shape. Bow looks to be original to the saw. P/C looks great, fires off fuel down the carb. I'm gonna need to vacuum and pressure test for leaks and clean carb and both tanks. Looks like its never seen etho gas from the old fuel/oil residue left in the tank. Looks like a near new air filter, chain and sprocket. Definitely needs a good cleaning for sure. Looks like another new Saturday project.

Steve

Cylinder cover screws are still covered with original paint, doesn't look like they have ever been touched. Even the carb screws have over spray on them and paint even hasn't been scratched in the slots. Don't looked like anything has been monkeyed with. I was surprised to see that, just normal maintenance from what I can see. I'll know more about it Saturday, I'll post some pictures them. Found another 3400 bow saw today, but the guy was asking $200.00 for it.

Steve

Back