Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaned up my 306A a bit this afternoon,swapped out a few better parts that were on a recent ''parts donor/project'' purchase (go figure lol)

Newer better muffler,unbent cushioned handlebar,practically new clutch cover,nicer AF cover & a NOS spike I forgot I had buried in a parts drawer in the saw shack. Sure wont perform any better (ran like a raped ape a couple weeks back) but looks nicer IMO.

DSC03859.JPG DSC03867.JPG DSC03863.JPG

I grabbed one of the projects I bought over the last few years. Since it seems everyone wants a runner not a project to do themselves.

I was told this one was a runner when I bought it PHO. Dang it was, after a quick check over . Took alot of air and brushing to get some of the jammed packed chips everywhere. One of those saws that must have never been cleaned. I even left the old fuel line and impulse line as they looked ok to test with. 1999 Poulan 3450 54cc

I even dug through my parts and found 1 3750 380 60cc OEM used piston and cylinder kit.

IMO I wouldnt change it from the 54cc being it cut so dang good just now in some dry ash with 16" 3/8 buried. With that big dawg maybe 14" cutting.

Pulled them dang epa stops too while tuning. Piston looked like they had been running old mix over the years. Think the batch I am running now is VP racing 40:1 e-free 90. Wondering how long to see if it is cleaning it up.

Some wrong fasteners but I dont give a rip about such things myself.

DSCF2193.JPG DSCF2190.JPG DSCF2186.JPG DSCF2181.JPG DSCF2184.JPG DSCF2183.JPG DSCF2179.JPG

Latest posts

Back