Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the old saws doesn't matter which one's this is my favorite Poulan right now
4b21fedfa6b9ff0fcdcacd9f63fb07b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I like those little 2000's, not too hard to work on, just loud. Definitely a ear plug saw.

Steve

2300 Steve. 2.0 and 1.8's aren't common around here. I don't find them too noisy. I think a lot of people pull the spark arrester out which makes them loud.

The 25's are nasty loud though.

Where I cut a loud saw draws the rangers and they make you take the muffler apart so they can see the spark arrestor. That is why I like the 4000 muffler mod cuz you can see the arrestor screen at a glance. I do use earplugs but the small high speed loud saws aren't for me. On a side note when I was camping I was asked if my saws were ported or using race gas because they could smell it. Had to tell them it was only the Klotz oil and the saws were all new inside. Was running 30 to 1 for the first few tanks but it did make me smile

I pulled the guts out of my 2000 when I owned it from new. When I gave it to dad many years ago, he ask I put the guts back in to tone it down a bit back then.
Now that I got it back and running this year. I left the muffler alone too. Cant stand the noise anymore myself.

Heck I pulled the modded muffler, opened up inside and out on 505 and stuck a stock one back on.

I just see how dad heard it many years ago now.

pmuffout.JPG pmuffbaff.JPG pmuffoutlet.JPG

Are the thrust washers supposed to eliminate horizontal play or just minimize it for the poulan 3400 series of saw?

Also can someone tell me what the ring gap should be? Thank you!

B7D59D6D-962C-43F5-BBE2-66FB40B1ED39.jpeg
Forgot to mention, I got those seals for my 3400 for $3.99, guess I got them a little cheaper cause I was wearing my GM dealer work closes.

Steve
Mine were around the same price, im still waiting for them. Got a new piston for the 3400 but it is not OEM quality, but will work. Amazon, 34$ came with rings and the pin, but no bearings.

They must have changed something with those pistons. The one I got from them roasted my cylinder. Wrist pin was too small and bearings wouldn't stay put in pistons. They even included circlips that didn't even go with the piston. They sent me a polished bare aluminum piston. If scotch brite can scratch it, it's not plated. I know I won't buy one again from lil red barn.
10e24c37cce750fd411b58dd8f539b75.jpg
1eece7064fd7a9fbb7ca5e1624fb4a73.jpg
48db00468045cc39266bd6bbedeaf373.jpg

Steve

Wow thanks for the warning, but this piston did not come with circlips, are you sure it’s the same brand?
I have not pressed out the other pin yet to compare...

Back