Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I dunno if it's cause it's hot or what but flooded the 3.7 for the first time. Couldn't fire it up. Ran it briefly last week so dunno. It's pretty freaking hot and humid.

It could be due to the heat.
If you have any crud under the metering needle in the carb or the needle is old and not sealing well under pressure. The heat will cause pressure to build in the fuel tank and force the fuel past the needle and it will end up in the crank case.
Instant flood.

I got home after fishing some and tried again. Had the spark plug out. Didn't want to fire so I put the choke off but left the throttle lock on. It sputtered a few times as it was pretty flooded still. After a few times it smoked to life and then ran as usual after warm up. I think I just flooded it bad earlier

Thanks it’s stock, as I learned in another saw thread ‘skilsaw’ used yellow for their poulan 3400’s

Sure cleaned up nice, I’ll have a before and after shot when I get it finished.

Yeah it looks quite different in yellow my Canadian 4000 is actually a skill saw also but still branded poulan. Poulan pro actually and I'm still a little lost on the "pro" part of that as I thought the poulan pro brand was not introduced till later on as a separate brand mine is an 84

Tried today. Popped first pull with choke. It started next pull with half choke and ran great. I think with my muffs on prevented me from hearing it from popping and I flooded it.

I think my 4218 needs a carb. It always floods and is dumping fuel into the carb. To eBay I go as a rebuild kit is basically pointless.

Wife has a 2004 r6 and I have a 2003 gsxr 1000. It's an ex race bike that I've been working on converting to street for 2 years. Lol. Life gets in the way. Of course life is telling us we probably should sell them as we never use them. Wife can't ride unless I do typically as we have 2 kids. So...

I've had:
1983 Honda CB550
1998 Honda VTR 1000 Superhawk
2004 Honda RC51
2005 Suzuki GSXR 750 (track only)
2003 Suzuki GSXR 1000

Favorites are torn between the 750 and RC51. The RC51 was a ton of fun but sucked on the race track. I wrestled it around for a few years before I totalled it. Fixed it back up but sold it before I went overseas for awhile. Regret that. 750 was wrecked on the track and I tore myself up good. Parted it for money to buy baby stuff for my first born. Lol

Nice bikes man awesome. I'm from a dirt bike family but have had an old rg 250 so half a gamma Steve lol and have ridin a fzr1000 at 280kph and that was amazing and put a heap of laps around our local track levels raceway on a gsxr600. My old man rode mx and speedway/longtrack his scariest machine was a Norton on the long track can't remember what model though. Isnt it funny how bikes cars or engineering somehow led us down the path of old "obsolete" chainsaws

Simpler, cheaper, but doesn't pick up the ladies quite as well. Though I'm married so don't need that anymore

However I can't clear my driveway from a downed tree with a motorcycle so there's that.

You can clear a driveway with a bike, just won't be pretty. Worst wreck I've had on a bike was with a deer in the wee hours heading to work one morning doing 55. At home laid up for awhile, then therapy to uses my right arm and hand again. Never found the deer nor some of the bike parts. Was riding it again after a year.

Steve Sidwell

Latest posts

Back