Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a strange one. My Husky trimmer, when you press the primer bulb nothing happens, pulling in gas wise. I can pull the carb, take it apart and put it together and it will prime fine and run without missing a beat. Go back about a week later, same thing til I pull it apart and reassemble it. Everything looks good inside and is clean as a pin. Now I'm gonna have to pull it apart again so I can use it. I've check the primer check valve and find no issues with it nor the bulb. Didn't know if anyone ran into something like that. Oh, carb will have a little gas in it so I know it's not dry. Inlet needle doesn't seem to be sticking either.

Steve Sidwell

Hey Steve , I've had a old fuel filter on a chainsaw cause a similar problem .

Thanks, my dog Drift, that is in the background, got his hair cut yesterday so maybe I should change my avatar, not cuz it's really me.
From left to right 4200, 4200 with 5200 p and c, 5200 full wrap, 5400 that I haven't done anything to not even cleaned it, 5400 that was part of the 3 saws and gone through. And the 5400 big bore. A friend came over and I started all 6 what a awesome sound

Latest posts

Back