Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the big poulan saws the cylinder will interchange between them. You can get the piston for them, just need that cylinder in the 3 sizes, 69, 77 and the 85 cc. The 69 and 77 you can get one or the other not sure but the 85 is so hard to find any more. I would buy every one that I could find and so would most everyone else. Most part saws need the p and c so that doesn't help.

On the big poulan saws the cylinder will interchange between them. You can get the piston for them, just need that cylinder in the 3 sizes, 69, 77 and the 85 cc. The 69 and 77 you can get one or the other not sure but the 85 is so hard to find any more. I would buy every one that I could find and so would most everyone else. Most part saws need the p and c so that doesn't help.

Ok interesting so I wonder if someone could find out a minimum order number or something

Yeah I new the red tape would kill any production hopes in "normal" country's lol was just thinking there must be guys that know the right people to talk to in China. It's odd they bother with the 090 like there can't be huge numbers of guys running those compared to say poulan 4000s or 82cc Macs or the big poulans I get the modern saws like 372s and the like
My uncle is a certified Stihl Dealer and service technician and I asked him about that one day. He thinks it is because other countires that are logging rain forest trees like to use the 090/070. He said the like them because they are simple to work on and because they have used them so long it is what they know and what they have acquired parts for so they won't change and go with the newer saws. he said that down in south America their go to saws are the Stihl 090/070 and the Echo CS2100/1201. I have watched some Youtube vids on a channel called the "Mansur forest". it looks to be a Aisin country. They are cutting giant Rian Forest trees and all they use is a stihl 090 or it might be a 070. It's kind of crazy how they log them there. The guys doing the falling are wearing wife beaters, shorts, and wear flip flops or rubber boots. They don't really make face cuts but instead cut the root swells all around the tree and just let it go where it's going to go. They do it 3rd world style for sure.

My uncle is a certified Stihl Dealer and service technician and I asked him about that one day. He thinks it is because other countires that are logging rain forest trees like to use the 090/070. He said the like them because they are simple to work on and because they have used them so long it is what they know and what they have acquired parts for so they won't change and go with the newer saws. he said that down in south America their go to saws are the Stihl 090/070 and the Echo CS2100/1201. I have watched some Youtube vids on a channel called the "Mansur forest". it looks to be a Aisin country. They are cutting giant Rian Forest trees and all they use is a stihl 090 or it might be a 070. It's kind of crazy how they log them there. The guys doing the falling are wearing wife beaters, shorts, and wear flip flops or rubber boots. They don't really make face cuts but instead cut the root swells all around the tree and just let it go where it's going to go. They do it 3rd world style for sure.
Agreed, I've spent some time in rural Indonesia and the only saws you see are old beat up 090/070s. nothing modern out there.

Makes my upset at humans seeing those sorts trees get cut. We are a parasite on this earth. Forestry needs to be sustainable.

A radiata pine is ready for harvest over here in 30 years 20 to 40 inch trees it's not hard wood but still very good timber

My latest is a 3800 that has had the intake and exhaust opened up as much as I dare. Runs good and sounds better. Also has a extra 4000 air filter that I had View attachment 754833 View attachment 754834

Where's the dislike button as I'm astounded by how you've come across so many green saws. I only see the Craftsman's around here in grey. Sometimes I see a red like my current one but always over 200 miles away. It's gotta be a regional thing.

Well we have trees here but nowhere near places that would be considered logging areas. We have tons of the usual Stihl and Husqvarna. I see more older stuff up in the Shenandoah area but that's too far to justify for a saw unless I'm out that way.

Paid $10 at scrap yard. Pulled muff piston is clean. Pulled plug it was new and no carbon on top of piston
Cleaned carb and put on new fuel lines and she runs good.View attachment 754839

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
To me, those wild things were underrated. Once mm and tuned, they run real well. I've got an 06 model and has never let me down no matter what I throw at it.

Steve Sidwell

Sunday I went to North Augusta South Carolina and never did I see a Green Poulan. I know there's some down there.[emoji38]

Steve Sidwell
I’m new to this site. Enjoying our conversations I am picking up some tips. I’ve been sitting on and using 475 Poulan pro never Used a green one but I will now keep my eyes open for them.

Latest posts

Back