Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20190817_083210.jpg
Hay ole friend, good to hear from you again. Sight for sore eyes. Been missing you being on here my friend. Started watching some of your vids again on YouTube again.

Steve Sidwell

Thanks, but I have not had much time for saws. Cbfarmall and I did make it up to Baraboo in August and took a bunch of Poulan Sandcast saws to display.

I picked up another Poulan 3400 bow saw since the last time you were on. I was tickled when I cleaned the chain and saw Poulan stamped on it. I'm gonna sharpen it, make a few cuts with it then remove it and install another chain. That chain will be soaked in oil, wrapped in wax paper and stored.

Steve Sidwell

In case you missed it.
3a96d15fbdcad06fc38e79ed53b4e3c4.jpg

Steve Sidwell

Thanks Mark, glad to see your still here. I always liked and learned from your posts.

That vendor I mentioned earlier that had a wrist pin remover /installer that is similar to the Poulan tool is also no longer available . They called me to say they had to cancel the order because they didn't carry it any longer. Oh well it is what it is .

I use the 5400 o ring 530019141, cause you can’t find the flat seals anymore.

You can also cut a flat seal from a sheet of 1/16” viton. Fleabay had some cheap viton “discarded” rounds from the center of big pipe flanges, but don’t see them...all 1/8” right now

I have been really busy and have had a interesting last year or so. Worked my balls off the last two years trying to get to retirement overcoming some health obstacles and other issues as well along the way. Finally retired a week ago. .

Congratulations Mark on your retirement. Hope you got all your issues resolved.

Latest posts

Back