Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been so long since I ran a stock 590 I honestly don't know. I'll try to get a video of it beside my ported 590 and then keep comparing as I continue to mod the 3.7. Still have base gasket delete and opening up the intake block. Maybe advance the timing a hair and work the transfers if my fear of ruining the jug doesn't stop me.
Thanks. I saw a pretty nice 590 yesterday that they were asking $180 for, and I figure I might could get it for $160.
But probably don't really need it.

Just trying to refine my lineup and make a dollar or two while doing it.

I have the small saw lineup pretty squared away with the Echos: 2511, 346, and 361P.

Not sure I really need any other big saws than the 3.7 right at this moment. But it's nice to have an option/backup.

Just haven't decided if that option should be the 421, 491s, 545, or 372 that I already have. Or sell them all and get an old 590 OR a new 241. Which I'm not sure either would do much for my needs any better than the 491s.

Economics is always a factor. And similarly how a saw feels in my hands. And then there's that deadly sin, lust.

Really quite a conundrum:D

Thanks. I saw a pretty nice 590 yesterday that they were asking $180 for, and I figure I might could get it for $160.
But probably don't really need it.

Just trying to refine my lineup and make a dollar or two while doing it.

I have the small saw lineup pretty squared away with the Echos: 2511, 346, and 361P.

Not sure I really need any other big saws than the 3.7 right at this moment. But it's nice to have an option/backup.

Just haven't decided if that option should be the 421, 491s, 545, or 372 that I already have. Or sell them all and get an old 590 OR a new 241. Which I'm not sure either would do much for my needs any better than the 491s.

Economics is always a factor. And similarly how a saw feels in my hands. And then there's that deadly sin, lust.

Really quite a conundrum:D
If you already have a 372 I would just keep that. The 590 is a great saw for the money but I wouldn't sell my 7910 or your 372 to get one.

Used the Poulan 3000 today to finish cutting up a red oak top. Then went to another spot and started cutting up a 15” diameter red oak. I really like this saw and It seems the muffler mod really woke it up even more. I just need a bucking dog for it.

Attachments

• 0E8C065E-27D4-4D84-949F-B5025E7F3732.jpeg
    0E8C065E-27D4-4D84-949F-B5025E7F3732.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 14
Hello all. Just checking to see if someone scored the Poulan/Dolmar 6000S in my hometown of Roanoke last night. I thought I had a deal in place, but the seller went in another direction. Oh well. Nice looking saw cosmetically with a 40 inch bar and a full wrap handle. Don't worry, no sour grapes here. I just hope someone enjoys it! Max.

What did it bring? Just curious, I know in the last few months there have been a few listed on the bay. 40" bar huh? Hope he has fun with the .404 x 8 sprocket on them with that bar and has a sun dial to time his cuts with it. :ices_rofl:

Used the Poulan 3000 today to finish cutting up a red oak top. Then went to another spot and started cutting up a 15” diameter red oak. I really like this saw and It seems the muffler mod really woke it up even more. I just need a bucking dog for it.

The 3000 is one of my favorite 50cc saws, but I have to say that I have not ran mine in some time. Seems I only get offered wood anymore that is way out of the 3000's league. I did run my PP365 today and those are great too.

I've never had the pleasure of running a 3000,the closest thing I have is a PP335. It doesn't do too bad. I do have a Poulan 3300 with a scored cylinder, will a 3000 top end bolt on that case?

Hi Dan. Yes a 300o top will bolt to the 3300 no problem but a PP335 top will too. That would be my choice. Both are chrome bore thin rings.

What did it bring? Just curious, I know in the last few months there have been a few listed on the bay. 40" bar huh? Hope he has fun with the .404 x 8 sprocket on them with that bar and has a sun dial to time his cuts with it. :ices_rofl:

It was priced at $200.00. The condition of the saw appeared nice, as did the bar. Max.

That's a lot less then what I have seen them bring. Especially with a big bar on it.

Mark, agreed, and that's why I jumped on it. I'd arranged a friend with cash to pick the saw up locally, and quickly, who I've worked with for more than 20 years at my firm. I imagine someone locally saw it and offered more. Disappointing, but something else will come my way in the future. Glad to see you posting, and I hope you're doing well. Max.

76767507_2508614969253248_4136066292165640192_o.jpg

This was in the posting and I hope I described it accurately. Nice saw. Max.

Mark, agreed, and that's why I jumped on it. I'd arranged a friend with cash to pick the saw up locally, and quickly, who I've worked with for more than 20 years at my firm. I imagine someone locally saw it and offered more. Disappointing, but something else will come my way in the future. Glad to see you posting, and I hope you're doing well. Max.

It happens. Been there done that. I'm doing fine at the moment, been cutting and splitting some big wood and getting reminded that I aint as young as I used to be. o_O

But was really wonderin what the consensus is on the Poulan 2900 Farmhand.

I was intrigued with a saw I found today. Mag case, plated cylinder I believe, and 46cc's in a fairly compact 10 pound package.
It was super clean:)
The 20" bar looked too big, but in almost new shape.

But the guy was havin a bad day or something and wouldn't budge off of the $80 price tag. I would've probably pulled the trigger if it had a new 16" bar and chain.
What's a good price on one of these in mostly unused condition?

Back