Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it would fit using the plastic cover but I didn't do a lot of thinking about it first. I had to cut the end off the crank and thread it 3/8LH and I guess I could have just moved the 7/16LH inboard and still could if I want to use another crank. The 8500 has 1/2LH thread and a different clutch spider that you can get but the 8500 is hard to find

This is with 20 inch bar and the log is 13 inch diameter

The muffler still has the spark arrestor but the holes have been enlarged to 5/16".
At the end it didn't want to come off high speed and I think the throttle wire was hanging up, I was going to fiddle with it then just stopped it

I think it would fit using the plastic cover but I didn't do a lot of thinking about it first. I had to cut the end off the crank and thread it 3/8LH and I guess I could have just moved the 7/16LH inboard and still could if I want to use another crank. The 8500 has 1/2LH thread and a different clutch spider that you can get but the 8500 is hard to find

hindsight 20/20

I say keep it since it is what it is. 20-24” that thing will rip. Doubt you need a 32” bar often.

Is that G660 the one that Farmer Tec sales JJ? Nice looking setup with the full wrap.

Steve Sidwell

Was sent to me over on my chainsaw repair group FB to shakedown and give unbiased opinion.

Back in Sept.

I like the blue. I wish all the clones was blue so folks didnt try and pass them off as OEM

hz6660gg.jpg hz660g.jpg hzbar.jpg hz24buried.jpg hzchain.jpg

I have enough time in the Ripper to not change much now, maybe the carb but with the wood I cut 20 inch or 24 max is plenty for the trees in my area. It was never about a wood saw as much as it was to see if I could do it in a way that was neat and worked. My goal has been reached and I'm so glad that you have enjoyed it. Wish I was closer so you could run it

Attachments

• F3AABAF4-8B49-4FAA-864A-A2F6B14EC497.jpeg
    F3AABAF4-8B49-4FAA-864A-A2F6B14EC497.jpeg
    905.4 KB · Views: 12
I have enough time in the Ripper to not change much now, maybe the carb but with the wood I cut 20 inch or 24 max is plenty for the trees in my area. It was never about a wood saw as much as it was to see if I could do it in a way that was neat and worked. My goal has been reached and I'm so glad that you have enjoyed it. Wish I was closer so you could run it

Wish I had your knowledge and skills doing such work. :cool:

Each person is given their niche in life. Mine is just watching you smart folks build stuff like ripper. :cheers:

Is that a rental unit @Todd Loosli ? Sure would be nice to have one of those for a few days to get up there in the limbs.

LOL I see rental on it now. :crazy:

Which saw? Corded or battery. I think I see a cord.

Battery ones have come a long ways. Lot of climbers using the battery ones now days.

pp400e.jpg

Back