Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok both of the 4000 have never been opened up
First and my best has a squish of. .053
The second one also a nice saw is. .061
This is only checking one place about 2 on the clock and just pushed the solder in and pulled the cord

How thick is the gasket Todd? I've never checked mine everyone said delete it no problem so still haven't bothered

Yes on the carburetor walbro HDB 8. That is what is on all the 3400 thru 4000 saws and they are great saws.

I'm tired just finished the guards on the dino and will paint them tomorrow morning. I'll check 2 of my 4000 for squish and post the numbers
Next cup of coffee is on me brother.

Ok both of the 4000 have never been opened up
First and my best has a squish of. .053
The second one also a nice saw is. .061
This is only checking one place about 2 on the clock and just pushed the solder in and pulled the cord
:rock::rock::rock:

The oem gaskets that I have are all about .026 to .023 , when I make the gasket I have some material that is .012 inches. I have never deleted the base gasket on any of my saws. Should try it sometime.
:chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw:

The oem gaskets that I have are all about .026 to .023 , when I make the gasket I have some material that is .012 inches. I have never deleted the base gasket on any of my saws. Should try it sometime.
I'm the exact opposite. Rarely use a gasket .

Bob do you just put a thin layer of sealer down then bolt the cylinder on. What do you use?
I think a lot of people use Loctite 518, if I recall correctly..

LOCTITE® 518™ is a single component, medium strength, anaerobic sealant which cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces. Typical applications include sealing close fitting joints between rigid metal faces and flanges. Provides resistance to low pressures immediately after assembly of flanges.
Top Pick Loctite® 518™ Gasket Eliminator® Flange Sealant forms a flexible, solvent-resistant seal that will not tear or decay. Seals to 300°F and fills gaps to 0.05" with primer. Recommended for use on rigid iron, steel and aluminum flanges. Easy disassembly and cleaning. Applications include gearbox, engine casings.

Typically used as a form-in-place gasket on rigid flanged connections, e.g. gearbox and engine casings, etc. The thixotropic nature of LOCTITE® 518™ reduces the migration of liquid product after application to the substrate.

Ooooo and fancy language, thixotropic

Bob do you just put a thin layer of sealer down then bolt the cylinder on. What do you use?

I been using Threebond 1194 or 1184. Cant recall but epa keeps making them change. Threebond is the maker for all the other bond ones out there being used.

Plus I started using red dirko HT ( if you buy it with stihl name on it cost you twice as much. Just buy like shown on tube. ;)

Dirko_HT.png threebond.jpg

Making sawdust with a pair of Poulans, hiding under paint.

First skid of the day. This stick is the first beech I have cut that wasn't hollow.
20200123_100352.jpg

There is 3 more skids in this tree for my tractor, lots of beech stick for firewood. That is a thick ring, craftsman model # 358.356090 saw. I believe a 3800 Poulan being thick ring.

20200123_103111.jpg

This post is being sent from back in my wood, better cell service here. Verizon i's neglecting the tower near us.

On case sealing or gasket eliminate, I have always used a loctite product I got years ago, 84 I think, when I was part of a John Deere dealership. Flexible sealant, with the same specks Chris posted other than .010 to .030 gap tolerance. And it's purple in color, so what's not to like.

Ken

Latest posts

Back