Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figured out the adjuster screw position for the early 3400 oiler, where’s Mr Bob or old modifiedMark when you need them?

A new diaphragm & 5 turns out CCW from fully seated in CW did it.

Bucking up some dead dry oak rounds from two drought killed trees, and I finally have an oily wet chain w/o wearing my right thumb out!

Glad you got the good ones, on the 5200 before this last saw I did the same thing and got two of them. The saw was to good not to.

This last saw was a different story, the handle was gray and the cylinder cover was also primer and I knew I would have to paint them. The welded case also needed 4 and it just wasn't going to get the oem ones. Two of the holes needed heli coils so I went with the 5mm and a drop of loctite. I'm thinking this will be my saw to use the crap out of it.

Steve, aren’t those isolators the same as the 3400 series, 530024225?
Totally different design.

Steve Sidwell
8ffeade2778763fc6e4e82f2b6b27a57.jpg

Glad you got the good ones, on the 5200 before this last saw I did the same thing and got two of them. The saw was to good not to.

This last saw was a different story, the handle was gray and the cylinder cover was also primer and I knew I would have to paint them. The welded case also needed 4 and it just wasn't going to get the oem ones. Two of the holes needed heli coils so I went with the 5mm and a drop of loctite. I'm thinking this will be my saw to use the crap out of it.

Todd, lol, you actually use your saws. Lol

:) :) :)

Did you see that 4400 on Ebay sold for 357.00 and 40 shipping. It was a very nice looking saw even had a chain brake. I wanted it till 300. Probably not many left like it. It was to good to use other than starting it to hear the sound

Yes I did, I even mentioned it to you that there was a 4200 and 4400 on ebay. Lol They were both above my price point. There were 11 different bidders on that saw including the last bidder that paid the $357 .

I was going through my saw collection, when I found a Poulan 245A, that I never got running. So, I got the urge to remedy that problem. Now I need a shop or repair manual, before I get too deep into this project. Does anyone have access to one of these or know where to download one? Any help would be greatly appreciated by me and my 245A.
thanks,
ChainHomey13

I was going through my saw collection, when I found a Poulan 245A, that I never got running. So, I got the urge to remedy that problem. Now I need a shop or repair manual, before I get too deep into this project. Does anyone have access to one of these or know where to download one? Any help would be greatly appreciated by me and my 245A.
thanks,
ChainHomey13
If you don’t get an answer here go to the beg for manuals thread.

Back