Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have parts 3700 saw, the flywheel was mostly painted. The cyl and carb ere partially painted.

Also, the rope pulley has a total different engagement system than my other 6 poulans. The paws on the flywheel are totally different also. The pulley has a .325 (5/16) thick ring screwed to it with 2 self threading screws, this ring supports 2, .187 (3/16) pins pressed threw it with egual length stick in the pulley as protruding out to engage the finger type paws on the flywheel that came on the 3700. To use the cover on the ruffer looking Mastercraft saw, I had to replace a missing pin in the ring. I used a 1.25" length of 3/16 (.187) diameter music wire for a pin. And with special talent from years of using a hammer on a small anvil I distorted the center section of the pin enough to make a very tight fit when I pressed the rod/pin into place. The flywheel paws had a broken spring that I robbed from the broken paws of the Mastercraft saw''s original flywheel. The paws are very similar to what Pioneer used. I will pull the cover later for a photo if anyone is interested.

Unfortunately either my phone or this site won't allow the photos to upload, they seem to upload but no attach as thumbnail or full size appears.

I have been trying to add 2 more photos besides those 2, one of the flywheel and one of a side view of the cover. this cover is date stamped 80 as shown in first photo.

Oh right. I find that sometimes not sure why weather it be picture size or what but if I take a screen shot of it then post that instead it works

If anyone wants to do some interesting reading go back in time to page 1111 and start reading there Modified Mark and Ohio Gregg are talking about this kit that Ohio Gregg has found I think it goes for about 5 pages. The piston is the first thing you see. Jethro has made a link forward a few

If anyone wants to do some interesting reading go back in time to post 1111 and start reading there Modified Mark and Ohio Gregg are talking about this kit that Ohio Gregg has found I think it goes for about 5 pages. The piston is the first thing you see

Cool thank you

Latest posts

Back