Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For you folks that use these saws still. Least this way if you have them for collecting you can save your plastic cover if your not lucky enough to have the oem metal ones.
Here is another idea I tried yesterday after seeing and running the 415 race saw with one, but with back half cut off.

I wasn’t going to do it. The 372 side tensioner cover was just to different.

But curiosity was killing me to know if I could make it work leaving the back half there. 372 side tensioner clutch cover with hand piece grinder used on it use on the partner poulan jred saws. Used double cut and cut off. Not perfect by any means. But now you can have side tensioner use these when nla covers can’t be found.
Imo front 268 etc cover still fit best. Now to test cut. Pic of the first one I did using those. All done by hand and hand pieces on grinder head.

Where idea came from.

View attachment 803458 View attachment 803459 View attachment 803460 View attachment 803461 View attachment 803462 View attachment 803463 View attachment 803464 View attachment 803465
I'm liking that 445 full wrap, very nice.

I have never objected to someone doing just this, its not the same as what I was speaking of. As for the knowledge, there used to be a lot of very knowledgeable people here but have been driven away from here from the BS. I'm losing interest real fast again.
Funny I started sniffing around again and thought the same. Too bad

Here’s one I was gonna post last night. Not a project. About 10 years ago Mark was nice enough to let us all in on a rare opportunity. (It’s coincidence, and I’m not stirring the pot I hadn’t gone on the Poulan thread in a while) I’ll also add Mark certainly doesn’t need me or anyone else to stand for his character. Anyway he found a load of brand new PP 330 saws at a local store. Offered to purchase them first for any of us who wanted one and then get payment. I was lucky enough to get one. I have the receipt, manual and 22” bar. I’ve never fueled it. I was gonna post about it cause I dug it out with my shed remodel. It’s dusty, I’m gonna clean it up and display it in the shop I just finished. Any way, long story. I hope Mark doesn’t mind me sharing it. But THAT is the type of guy he is. ACE75CA6-92D7-413D-A1AA-8C241A2584E7.jpeg9149E952-E17F-4B5C-AF63-D61F09CAF3C7.jpeg8BD5F3F6-5A85-46C4-B825-EDB91AFD24DC.jpeg74DFE125-D0F8-49C7-90CD-82D22409976F.jpeg312018C4-EFD8-4E20-B232-8BD0F3A80DED.jpeg

A brand new and never fueled, has that been a little bit tuff to not just try it out. I do understand why not and I think it's cool. I don't know much about them but it is a nice looking saw, when you get it all cleaned up post a picture. Thank for sharing.

John @MS460WOODCHUCK had told me about a bunch of Pp330 new at a TSC years back near him. No clue now. Lot of water under the bridge.

I remember when I checked ours and they were closing them out at $199.

Here is a 2007 one I picked up used and sold recently for $150. Heck just sold that 3450 with b+c for $150 too local.

Both of them had the leaky side tank vents that fall out. Wish they would have just left them on the top.

p345099p33007x.jpgp345099p33007.jpg

I ended up with 2 from TSC, Mark got one and Randy got the other. I also purchased a NIB from Mark also. These are great saws and my all time favorite firewood saw along with the 380, 365, 3500 and such...which is why I own the 2 posted in Kevin's picture above and plenty of others have been purchased from him in the past along with most I can find elsewhere.

Just wanting to understand the difference between them 3400, 3450 330.

3400 56cc countervibe. The old work horse last forever. Little heavy for 56cc. But just right for the 4000 bigger cc weight. Those new aftermarket 4000 topend kits get released it all over for a 34.

3450 330 the newer lighter 54cc that replaced the 335 3300 3.3 etc 54cc. 3450 330 has the bigger carb and bigger intake with high tops. 2lbs lighter PHO then 3400. I prefer these newer ones myself.

Anyone replace the pull rope on a 2300CVA? mine just broke at the plastic retainer in the pulley... can't see how it was attached (melted or glue??), seems to be fastened the same way at the handle also I drilled teh broke rope out of the barrel retainer, but how to refasten the rope...
Thanks

Thanks for replying,,, that looks simple,,, access to teh screw to fasten... Mine is supposed to connect to teh black plastic barrel on teh cord (I drilled out the broken piece of rope), seems it was either glued on melted on.... The barrel slips in to the slot at the top, to secure the rope... the rope was apparently terminated (glued??) flush with the side of the barrel as it came thru...

Attachments

• PA290107.JPG
    PA290107.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 11
Here’s one I was gonna post last night. Not a project. About 10 years ago Mark was nice enough to let us all in on a rare opportunity. (It’s coincidence, and I’m not stirring the pot I hadn’t gone on the Poulan thread in a while) I’ll also add Mark certainly doesn’t need me or anyone else to stand for his character. Anyway he found a load of brand new PP 330 saws at a local store. Offered to purchase them first for any of us who wanted one and then get payment. I was lucky enough to get one. I have the receipt, manual and 22” bar. I’ve never fueled it. I was gonna post about it cause I dug it out with my shed remodel. It’s dusty, I’m gonna clean it up and display it in the shop I just finished. Any way, long story. I hope Mark doesn’t mind me sharing it. But THAT is the type of guy he is.

Yep I remember when those were offered here. I believe at the time I passed on those. I have two 335's here that have never been run and I like running my saws.

Latest posts

Back