Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that is awesome didn't know that they were that much lighter. That would make a difference at the end of the day cutting wood. Nice post
Yep you got that right. When I go to the mountains and cut the weight does make a difference especially when limbing those Lodge pole pines.
A little comparison.
Husky 455 rancher.
Husky 455 rancher weight.png

Sthil 036
Stihl 036 weight.png

Poulan 3700 PHO and drained. No chain brake. Has bucking spike.
View attachment 811715

Poulan 3750. bucking spike and drained.
View attachment 811716

Poulan 335. bucking spike and drained.
View attachment 811717

Wow didnt realize it was another 1lb saved from the high tops to low tops. Almost a full 3lbs there difference.
Guess I know what I am liking those 54cc blue black 335's as my small saws even more now.

Sold all the high top runners off and down to just selling the parts off to folks, helping them out with NLA and builds.

No rules with Poulans. Only had 1 front exit saw too.

Next guy that ends up with this 3450 T3 will only notice it with 2 shoe clutch. Guy was cutting wood and spring broke on 3 shoe. I didnt have spring on hand so we just pulled a 2 shoe from one of my saws so he could keep cutting that day.
He ask if I cared if he just kept the 2 shoe. Told him NP.
To me it dont matter 2 or 3 on these.

Next guy that ends up with this 3450 T3 will only notice it with 2 shoe clutch. Guy was cutting wood and spring broke on 3 shoe. I didnt have spring on hand so we just pulled a 2 shoe from one of my saws so he could keep cutting that day.
He ask if I cared if he just kept the 2 shoe. Told him NP.
To me it dont matter 2 or 3 on these.
Both super Pro 380 saws I had were 2 shoe. One was front exit. Both PP 365s I had were 2 shoe. Those were older not sure if they offered the 3 shoe in the early mid 90s. Those 4 long since had new homes

You know for 98cc its actually a nice weight really. Google says the 395 is 17.4

I had an itch this morning so went and cut a second side port in the orange 4000.

Sounds nice now just a little deeper tone than the two pipes could also be the brake changing the sound tooScreenshot_20200329-112733_Gallery.jpg
Bars buried there both right on par with each other. I'm not sure if it has made a big difference power wise as I had a slippy clutch but certainly sounds more exciting lol

Todd I couldn't hold back anymore and tried those shoes. I checked the drum and yeah still square so gave it a rub and put it together. The old shoes were very warn and now it seems good as gold cheers mate

Back