Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my Dad met a guy for me today and bought the other 5200 I had lined up. He sent me a picture of it and it looks to be in pretty good shape and it fired right up he said.
Looks like it will clean up nice and be a good runner. Hopefully I'll have it in a week or two the next time I head back to my home town for a visit. It wasn't $15 or $50 like the
other two I found, but I still got a pretty good deal on it:)

IMG951750.jpg

Well my Dad met a guy for me today and bought the other 5200 I had lined up. He sent me a picture of it and it looks to be in pretty good shape and it fired right up he said.
Looks like it will clean up nice and be a good runner. Hopefully I'll have it in a week or two the next time I head back to my home town for a visit. It wasn't $15 or $50 like the
other two I found, but I still got a pretty good deal on it:)

View attachment 415182
You are quickly putting together an impressive collection. Must have had some some poulan dealers in your area

Nice saw! Did a great job on the muffler too! :clap:

Is it just my imagination, or am I right? You don't seem to see many of the PP335's. Seems I have seen quite a few PP365's as well as the later PP330/380 models.

Gregg,
I had 2 for a little while sold one. The one model I don't see often is the 305. I was lucky enough to find an NOS one

You are quickly putting together an impressive collection. Must have had some some poulan dealers in your area

Thanks, I know there used to be dealer in town that sold Poulan's back in the day, they are a Stihl dealer now. This one I got today came from 3 hours away though.

Then you certainly were ambitious for it

Well it was only an hour away from my home town where my folks live and the guy delivered it for an extra $20.
He actually contacted me about the saw. He's a Stihl guy and took it on trade a while back. I'll get it next time I go see my
parents or they come to see me.

Just wanted to thank everyone here on this thread for helping me over the last several months with advice, manuals and positive comments. I've learned way more than I ever expected to
and have found a very fun and rewarding hobby. Thanks to you all I finally have all my saws running good and ready to cut this spring and summer. Took a few pictures last night of the group
of saws now that they all are "finished" if you will.

View attachment 414418
View attachment 414423
nice crew there.
No problem just didn't know if you might want it just have one! Not sure you can even weld them after they break.

i'll weld if you get'em here... homemade fullwrap.
IMG_0157.JPG IMG_0156.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0157.JPG
    IMG_0157.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 12
e7f1081a87ebe73dd0ec5effa214e4fe.jpg

I thought the 361-400 series Poulan were manual oil only. I noticed some extra oil lines around the clutch area and found a auto oil pump.

Back