Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything magnesium painted green is what I try and save. When I put together a saw there is always a few parts left so I start looking for more parts to make another saw . What sickness do I have
You're not alone. I have 3400 parts saws that are taking up space. Just sold one on Ebay and have another that has me baffled. Comp 90 with new rings. MIght switch out cylinders and then pistons to see what gives. Something to do.

You're not alone. I have 3400 parts saws that are taking up space. Just sold one on Ebay and have another that has me baffled.

Hey Bob,
If any parts saws are green, I need a rear handle from doing something stupid yesterday.

Tried to “unstick” a pinched saw and reefed too hard & busted the right side handle.

Fact, he could’ve put that into a St

Hey Bob,
If any parts saws are green, I need a rear handle from doing something stupid yesterday.

Tried to “unstick” a pinched saw and reefed too hard & busted the right side handle.

You must have yanked that thing pretty good. I like pictures.

Fact, he could’ve put that into a St

Hey Bob,

I may
have one. Know i have a black one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You're not alone. I have 3400 parts saws that are taking up space. Just sold one on Ebay and have another that has me baffled. Comp 90 with new rings. MIght switch out cylinders and then pistons to see what gives. Something to do.
Hey bob. Had same issue with red craftsman 3.4. New rings and low compression. Could get it to start sometimes but wouldnt run. I guess cause i kept yanking on it for couple months i musta broke it in cause it will now start and run. Been a while but thinking it pulls approx 110. Theyre well known for low compression anyway. Just sayin.

now looking for clutch cover, spark plug cover, and AF for gray craftsman 3.7. Dont mind green; can always paint if necessary

Hey Bob,

I checked and I have a red craftsman and black rear handle. I do have a green handle but it’s in two halves without any screws or inner workings. I believe I stripped it and repainted it a Year or so ago. I can get a pic of it if you want to put it together.

How does the rings look in the cylinder?

Steve Sidwell
Well, I checked and the old rings showed a gap of .082 and new rings .075. A different cylinder showed a gap of .072 with new rings. Existing piston measures 1.804”. Newer one measures 1.805”. Just doesn’t seem to be that big a difference to cause such low compression.

I do have a green handle but it’s in two halves without any screws or inner workings. I believe I stripped it and repainted it a Year or so ago. I can get a pic of it if you want to put it together.

Thanks Bob, I’ll get back with you on Wednesday, went to the deer woods yesterday & have limited phone service.

You must have yanked that thing pretty good. I like pictures.

Will do, photo midweek when I get back.

Before I left, I grabbed an AZ61 rod & headed to the shop next door. Tigged the crack shut & thought I’d make it thicker on top for added strength...then the whole weld cracked on top when it cooled.

Will do, photo midweek when I get back.

Before I left, I grabbed an AZ61 rod & headed to the shop next door. Tigged the crack shut & thought I’d make it thicker on top for added strength...then the whole weld cracked on top when it cooled.

Try some AZ92a. That rod seems to work well with the mag that is in chainsaws.

I'm not sure I'm posting in here the correct way or not. But I have a ew 3314 saws but have never ran them yet. How bad is the vibration compared to something like a stihl 211. It's the only other saw I have to compare it to

Latest posts

Back