Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys where do you all order your stickers from for your poulans. I am needing one for my 4000 clutch cover. I picked this saw up this week for a good price. Just needed a new gas tank and fuel line.View attachment 780155

John, that's a super sweet example. If you find a source for your decals please share. Decal sets for earlier 4000's are available, but I've not seen any for later saws. I think you may have to have them made by a sign shop. I have a NOS 375 drive cover I'm thinking about taking to a shop to do just that, if I can make the time. Again, very nice saw! Max.

Here is the decal set for early 4000's. Maybe they'd be willing to make several if enough of us would commit to purchasing. I'd be in for 5 sets of the later decals depending on price.

4000_decal_set_wm_large.jpg

Scored a gray craftsman (3800) at the salvage yard; was missing pieces but p&c looked great and fired with dribble and compression at 125. Bought and installed clutch cover, AF, AF cover, b&c, carb kit all the while wondering why it was stripped; ALWAYS a reason.
filled it up and figured out why it had been sacrificed. Dam fuel tank has tiny split at the filler neck. Had looked at it but missed seeing it. Tried fixing it with soldering iron but no happy. Not the first time I've had to replace a tank.
So!! Anyone got a fuel tank for 3400, 3700, etc they'd let go? Got green stuff and parts for trade

Tried fixing it with soldering iron but no happy. Not the first time I've had to replace a tank.
So!! Anyone got a fuel tank for 3400, 3700, etc they'd let go? Got green stuff and parts for trade

Got one here. But all my shipping is on hold till after the crazy season of Dec.

Nice saws and pic, JJ. I'm sure it's been asked before, but where can I/we find the barbed teat fitting for our fuel lines that should lead to a duckbill in 3400-4000 tanks? I'm sure OEM is no longer available, but hope there's an alternative. Have a great week everyone, Max.

Finally got the seals and put this 53A together.
Tried to start it, but its pouring gas out the carburetor. I replaced the needle and seat and the gaskets are in the correct spots. The HL has a high speed governor check ball thing, I'm thinking that is the culprit.

Pulling the carburetor requires dismantling most of the saw, so i'll leave it on the shelf for a bit until I feel like working on it again.

20191214_121138.jpg

20191214_121201.jpg

Nice saws and pic, JJ. I'm sure it's been asked before, but where can I/we find the barbed teat fitting for our fuel lines that should lead to a duckbill in 3400-4000 tanks? I'm sure OEM is no longer available, but hope there's an alternative. Have a great week everyone, Max.
Loads of them on eBay, that's where I get my duck bill valves by the dozen.

Steve Sidwell

Loads of them on eBay, that's where I get my duck bill valves by the dozen.

Steve Sidwell

Steve, I hear you. I'm referring to the device that you put onto the end of the fuel line that you attach the duckbill to, then pull to/through the tank vent hole to prevent leakage or seepage. I'll see if I can find a picture tonight to post. Max.

Back