Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They did great, they are strong running 3400s, they very well could have the original bars on them. I believe they are both very low time saws. The left one has the date stamp of 88 on the recoil and plastic parts and was complete. The rt saw has 87 date code on plastic parts and had no recoil so it now uses a green recoil recoil from a parts 3700 I aquired. When I pulled the carbs apart, I had never seen cleaner carbs on used saws. There was almost no sawdust under the oil pump covers. Neither needed carb kits and only the right saw needed fuel lines and filter. I did leave the right saws muffler as stock, wanted to compare it against the left with the screen removed, holes in spacer enlarged and a extra side vent /louver port. They seem to run the same, both very strong.

They are made in Canada saws, and the brakes work fine.

The left saw had the carb needles and idle speed screw lock tighten with red. There was also a black piece of plastic that both needles were threaded threw and no springs on the needle shanks. Never seen the likes of this before.

I got a poulan 401a saw, I can't hardly find a pic let alone any info. Anyone got any

Look here have seen 401 here years back. I dont know jack on the older, so GL

Oh have piece the link back together to use. They block it here for some reason.
It's a great site for collectors. http://www.chainsaw collectors.se/phpbb3/index.php

looks like someone it getting ready for surgery.

Wish I had a pic of how my tools end up off front of benches and piled on right side :laugh:. Every now and then I have to put everything back up in order.

See if I got them in a pic. Oh well just the start of the pile on right.

p44544.jpg

Back