Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The seals I pulled from the 5200 are NOK seals. Made in Singapore Part # AB7620E

Unfortunately so far I’ve been unable to find a cross reference or anything for that matter. I checked the crank with calipers and it measured .668 that’s pretty close to 17mm.

View attachment 800647
These were the seals recommended on this forum for the 4200 I have. The original one is quite abit larger id than the new, the new ones fit but boy it was tight? Are you guys using the same ones?

No, those are the wrong size for a 17mm shaft & keep being recommended. The OEM seals are still available.

My home made seal guide for the clutch side. Notice the seal, too tight on the crank.
ffcf2b82304ebef0990a311f88cb0827.jpg
b548aaca54abe5a1c95aeb5553ae1ba2.jpg

Steve Sidwell
SKF seal, more metal than seal.

No, those are the wrong size for a 17mm shaft & keep being recommended. The OEM seals are still available.
I'm definitely going to use oem now , far too much should've could've BS with seals, if the oem are available for the 4200 seals I don't know why there would be other recommendations for others?

I’ve got this 5.2 craftsman that has a extra large hole in the clutch cover where the stud comes thru .I thought about an oversized washer . What are my options for this to perform well . I’m not really into looks I just want it to work.56878EE1-01B1-4586-AE18-4DD8E8DB5E78.jpeg25B6445B-7A1B-4715-8FAE-1B226DB36D74.jpeg

I’ve got this 5.2 craftsman that has a extra large hole in the clutch cover where the stud comes thru .I thought about an oversized washer . What are my options for this to perform well . I’m not really into looks I just want it to work.View attachment 800726View attachment 800727
How about an aluminum plate with two holes? That would probably work better than steel, since the aluminum is softer and wouldn't crack the cover.

I’ve got this 5.2 craftsman that has a extra large hole in the clutch cover where the stud comes thru .I thought about an oversized washer . What are my options for this to perform well . I’m not really into looks I just want it to work.View attachment 800726View attachment 800727
I could make you a bushing to fit in there if you give dimensions. Or you can grind a washer that fits in that hole then put another washer on top.

or just send it to me I’ll pay shipping :)

Back